MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I use it. I like it. I can't say it is necessarily better than other products. Flush your system of all antifreeze several times then use it as supplied. It should come pour in ready. Don't mixing it with antifreeze.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it. I like it. I can't say it is necessarily better than other products. Flush your system of all antifreeze several times then use it as supplied. It should come pour in ready. Don't mixing it with antifreeze.
Thanks for that, does it work, is there a noticeable temp drop from running without it? What about winter, is there a freeze issue at sub zero temps?

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My bikes are in ca and fl so i really don't have to deal with the sub freezing temps. The product literature should give temp extremes as a guide - I think down to -20 or something like that. If you have heat issues on your MV you will need to look at other changes besides the coolant. I would say changing it from the stock anti-freeze to engine ice will not produce a noticeable change really for your everyday riding. The product does have better anti-corrosion properties, is better on your water pump and is much easier to deal with as far as disposal and pets.

If you have real heat issues you will need to look at Microtec, an open exhaust and changing over to the metal fan blades. Changing coolant and coolant hoses does not produce a significant change.

When I dealt with my heat issue I did it all at the same time...exhaust, microtec, fans and coolant. Having the ecu flip the fans on earlier helps, but an open exhaust and tuning made the most difference.

If you do switch over the engine Ice and use someone besides yourself for service make sure you leave a note on the dash to let them know not to top off with antifreeze.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
All of my bikes have Engine Ice in them because they are occasionally taken to the track and it's a compatible coolant. I think this is what your looking for. A blurb from their website. It protects from freezing up to -26F. I don't mix mine with anything although I do use distilled water during the flushing procedure.

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; typically reduces operating race temperatures and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256°F or less and freeze-up protection to -26° F."

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been using engine ice in my F4 for years. I found a drop of about 10º in engine temp compared to normal water/antifreeze, which was great over here in Oz when the summer temps can get quite high. Don't add anything to it!

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
There is a bunch of us who use it and like it. Do a search and you'll find myriad info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts