MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a PCV installed and since then ive have a problem with the engine not idling right. So i decided to disconnect the PCV to find out if that was the problem. After putting the bike to its original config it wont run unless i have the choke turned up. Did some checking and it seems the #2 cylinder is not firing. Checked the wires and pins and all looks okay. Even hooked the PCV back up and it still does not run. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
I would suggest the connection for that injector is compromised, since the Power Commander plugs in between the harness and the injector.

If it was running OK before the PC V install and now isn't, that is where I would be looking first.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Those connecters on the injectors themselves are kind of fragile. I would inspect the injector closely.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not realize the PCV has a plug that connects to the TPS so I only disconnected the plugs to the injectors. Note to all. If you do not completely disconnect the PCV the bike does not run correctly. One other thing I learned. There is an adjustment screw between throttle bodies 2 and 3 which is apparently for idle. You have to turn it counter clockwise to raise the idle speed. Now it is idling properly at 1150 RPM but I have not done a test ride to see if the fueling is correct.

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
That is the throttle stop screw....theoretically set at factory and not to be touched, using air bleed screws instead for idle speed.....but it is only secured by a "locking" type thread, no jam nut. I found mine had backed out over time. I put a dab of 3M super weather strip adhesive on it after adjusting so it won't " self adjust" again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts