MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re engine cutting on the BRUTALE 5 times now.once when turning at a junction at slow speed holyshit. Most times after riding on rough ground?,what i have noticed the side stand warning light was showing as the engine cut? as i checked the plunger on the switch pushing it in the spring rate seemed excessive and the side stand spring so weak could the switch plunger spring overcome the side stand ?:rant:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I guess you have found the problem................very common with my CCM (well mine okay touch wood) but others have side stand issues.........they normally just disconnect the switch...............but with a brute, I guess give it a good rinse and degrease and then see if any parts need replacing

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re engine cutting on the BRUTALE 5 times now.once when turning at a junction at slow speed holyshit. Most times after riding on rough ground?,what i have noticed the side stand warning light was showing as the engine cut? as i checked the plunger on the switch pushing it in the spring rate seemed excessive and the side stand spring so weak could the switch plunger spring overcome the side stand ?:rant:
Side stand spring can become weak over time, so when you hit a dip or on bumpy roads the side stand can come down and momentarily cut the motor. (like a power shift kit)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offers and help.But i dont under stand why the spring on the plunger is so strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts