MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month or more ago I read a post about a particular brand of engine coolant that's made in Switzerland, I think, but for the life of me I cannot find that post. And stupidly, I forgot to bookmark the manufacturer's web site. If anyone knows what the brand name is that I'm referring to please let me know. Could'a swore I bookmarked that.. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
speaking of this i havent noticed in all the posts about the overheating issue
whether using "engine ice" or one of the other coolants that supposed to be
better than regular prestone etc.... did this make a difference in your engine temp ? by the way i couldnt find coolant capacity in my owners manual - can
somebody tell me what is is ?

thanks

steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
steved57 said:
speaking of this i havent noticed in all the posts about the overheating issue
whether using "engine ice" or one of the other coolants that supposed to be
better than regular prestone etc.... did this make a difference in your engine temp ? by the way i couldnt find coolant capacity in my owners manual - can
somebody tell me what is is ?

thanks

steve
i use redline water wetter
while it does not prevent the overheating thing in traffic, it takes a noticably longer time to get hot and drops hot temps. down really quick once you get moving again. they got my money. :yo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
steved57 said:
by the way i couldnt find coolant capacity in my owners manual - can
somebody tell me what is is ?

thanks

steve
When I drained from the waterpump recently (didn't remove rads etc) I used about 2.5 litres
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
im going to drain what came in mine from factory and replace
with "cyclelogic engine ice" and ill post if any difference

steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lee said:
Falco,

Is there some advantage to that coolant over water wetter or engine ice and others?
Just something I read about it somewhere gave me the impression it was a good quality product. It's both an anti-freeze and coolant. Now if I could only remember where I saw that info...

I don't know that it's better than Engine Ice, but it has an advantage over Water Wetter in that it is also an anti-freeze. Mind you, we don't have much freezing weather in Houston, but I like knowing my bike's protected, in case the global warming thing subsides and we head into another ice age like we had back in the 70's.

:freezing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,695 Posts
falcopilot said:
Just something I read about it somewhere gave me the impression it was a good quality product. It's both an anti-freeze and coolant. Now if I could only remember where I saw that info...

I don't know that it's better than Engine Ice, but it has an advantage over Water Wetter in that it is also an anti-freeze. Mind you, we don't have much freezing weather in Houston, but I like knowing my bike's protected, in case the global warming thing subsides and we head into another ice age like we had back in the 70's.

:freezing:
I remember that.

Both Time and Newsweek had cover stories predicting "the coming ice age" and warning us about global cooling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CAG said:
I remember that.

Both Time and Newsweek had cover stories predicting "the coming ice age" and warning us about global cooling.
Yes, and it was the fault of the humans back then too; pumping too much pollution into the air, blocking the sunlight or some such BS. Nothing whatever to do with just normal climatic variations.

BTW, I'm enjoying the hell out of the current global warming trend. I get to ride more in the winter since the temperatures are more moderate. :D
 

·
King of Bling
Joined
·
9,808 Posts
CAG said:
I remember that.

Both Time and Newsweek had cover stories predicting "the coming ice age" and warning us about global cooling.
I think this global cooling thing got to the UK, and decided to stay here for a long, long, long stay over…. It’s Brass Monkeys over here this morning..




Hi FalcoP..



Your right about the cooling system needing antifreeze all year round regardless of climate temp, as the system benefits from the antifreezes corrosive protection properties
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
forza italia at silverstone sold me a product called denecol and said it would make my bike run 10 degrees cooler..........................it doesnt!!!! makes no diff at all
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top