MV Agusta Forum banner

Engine Braking

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Evotion 
#1 ·
Is it me or is there eff all engine braking on the Dragster RR?
Does this change with the maps? I haven't had time to do a full map analysis.
Basically,l I roll off it almost seems like the bike is neutral and hardly slows down!

Just not what I am used to but one gets used to these things.

Ah, also, is their a cruise control mod on these bikes? :)

#2 ·
That is why you have a front brake......to slow down? Notice I said brake and not brakes, as you might find out, the rear brake may stop working (very soon). My Dragster rear brake stopped working with less 1000 miles on the clock. Still looking to get it sorted.

#3 ·
Yeah, rear brake is not brilliant but still enough to come to a graceful stop at lights.

I am used to bikes with more impactful engine braking and indeed my other bikes have the option to adjust it. This is not that hard with all this technology.
Anyway, I got used to it really quick - just saying.

#4 ·
Regarding engine brake feeling:

I don't know which year bike is your Dragster. My Brutale 2017, has a slipper clutch that doesn't let the rear wheel to lock. So, if I close for completely the gas throttle, the rear wheel feels very loose. If I close the throttle not for completely(let say, I keep it open at something like 2500-3000 rpm) there will be a lot of engine braking power. Apart of that, there are engine braking strength options in the costum map, I'm not very sure, but I suppose that between rain mode to race mode there would be different engine brake strength too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.