MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

What's the deal with not having engine braking on Brutale 910? Can this be improved with power commander?

my concern is that now, I have to learn control wheelies with rear brake, as opposed to just my right hand...

Does the cituation improve at higher RPM?

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
ks9mm said:
HI All,

What's the deal with not having engine braking on Brutale 910? Can this be improved with power commander?

my concern is that now, I have to learn control wheelies with rear brake, as opposed to just my right hand...

Does the cituation improve at higher RPM?

Thanks!
Be glad you dont have to have a slipper clutch. If you want to use more engine braking, hit a lower gear. I like to hear her scream any way.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ks9mm said:
mebbe it's because I am riding at lower rpm....
Get used to it. There is very little engine braking on the Brutale. I don't know about the perceptions of other people, but trust your own. I have ridden alot of bikes and I suspect you have as well. It has nothing to do with what rpm you're riding at, and it won't change at higher rpms. It is because the Brutale has one of the lightest flywheel of any stock bike available.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I did my IAMs test with a policeman following me he could not believe how much engine braking I had. In fact he thought my brake light had stopped working. He could not use his engine to stop like I was. I told him I had a switch on the handle bars to turn the light off!!! Actually I just used the revs!

He was on a blackbird.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also feel like it's pretty abrubt on mine...quite a bit of engine brake, as opposed to the solenoid system on the F4. It's mostly at high rpms though (above 9k).

·
Registered
922 Posts
On the 750 there's heaps of engine braking--which I'm getting used to and quite like actually. Seems there's much more than on the 910. Why is that?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
1st time I had my 750 on the track, one of the track instructors commented to me how little I was using the brake, esp. coming off the back straight, where I barely touched the brakes! The brute has a ton of engine brake, due to the very light flywheel.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts