MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
How did you break that Eddy ? Is that a cylinder head stud ? Only one way to replace that brother, strip the while motor, head and barrel needs to come off mate.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bloody hell,Why me ,fuccccck &*&^%[email protected]

Well might get cracking then ,Uhmm anyone know how long these bolts are ,must be a way ,Yeah i know he we go again.

yep Donsy that's what it is ,Bugger

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok,looked at the manual,can anyone tell me if these bolts are screwed into the block or forged in?and are they available. please

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like they are screwed in from Startwin trading ,also anyone know if reverse thread or standard thread.

cheers

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gerald did you take the motor apart?Mine is on the outside edge and i am thinking i will drop the motor then i could get at it from that position ,what do you think,or do i have to pull it apart.

·
Registered
258 Posts
G'day Eddie. If you were in the Melbourne area I could probably get that out in situ for you. I have removed broken threaded sections out of deep holes before. Depends on how tight the broken piece is in the bottom. You need someone with a lathe. Letting WD40 soak on top of it for a while (days) then tapping it with a neat fitting punch/drift down the hole helps loosen it. A heat gun applied to the bottom will also assist. A center drill in a neat fitting extension down the hole will get a hole started. Then a long series drill the appropriate size for an eazy out. Then an eazy out on an extension. Is it a 10mm hole? I have done it down a 5mm hole.

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Eddy,you need to buy a Snap-on easy out kit.
It comes with guides so you get the very centre of the stud,very good drill bits and extractors that work well.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am more worried about why it happens, also why are the bolts covered in surface rust.and wondering what the others are like .

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not think I can get a straight drill bit in there ,its a bit skewed Mitchy ,defineltly will have to drop the motor,but if I can not drill straight I have a problem ,might see if a dremel tool with a drill bit works,not sure at the moment,need time to figure out a plan ,wife's street triple tomorrow, she is not happy.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yeah, you'd not get in there with a hand held tool Mitch, ogrilp400 has a plan that might work in a lathe with some long tools, but I imagine those studs are tight ass f...k.
I had to remove my CR500 head studs and almost destroyed the casings.
Good luck Eddy, keep us enquiring minds posted and ride like you stole it tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine weren't broken,I had a damaged 1000 crankcase and got a second hand 750 one from Carl and the studs for a 1000 are longer and required swapping over,that may be an option if the broken stud proves difficult to remove. It's a major either way...sorry

1 - 20 of 167 Posts