MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading in a motorcycle mag of a endurance race at daytona where the rider was throwing his leg over the bike an bumped the bike into gear . this sent the chain , which had no wheel on it destroying most of the hydrylic clutch system . the pit guys rebuild the whole clutch sytem in a few minutes in the pit area , an the team almost wins the race still . i gotta say im really impressed with those guys , the laundry list of things they said they did to the bike would of takin me all weekend to fix , an a shop would of charged a days worth a labor . im not totaly sure but these guys did it in under 20 mins ..wow... our bike shops are really ripping us off or endurance races all have super powers .

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It was an SV1000S in an endurance race. Moto-ST, the M4 team.

Hydraulic actuation, wet clutch.

The fixes that happen in the pits of an endurance race aren't necessarily the fixes you would want or expect from a bike shop :)

Apparently the rod got hit, and the slave cylinder? Not sure about the case.

If you have all that stuff nearby, and a group of guys who can anticipate each other's moves even better than they can with their own spouses, then this stuff can happen in minutes rather than hours. Endurance pit crews are an amazing sight. I've done a few races and it wasn't anything like this level, but even then you have to do a lot of planning and talking. And if you aren't good, time gets lost.

These guys obviously are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts