MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have'nt been on here for a good few months until the other day.

Why is it, when some members ask for help to resolve an issue with their bikes, and the clever ones chip in with advice, whether it helps or not, the problem is left up in the air. Did the problem get fixed or not ???

I enjoy reading through the agony pages, but please lets hear if and how the problem was resolved. Not going to learn diddly squat if there isnt a result. :stickpoke

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
solving things?

jeteast;
we that try to help people...

have to work with language differences
euphemisms for things
and basic inability to describe problems or provide accurate data....
or even pictures

the non English speakers go out of their way to be understood.....like Jorge, F4Spain translating messages and things

I have offered my shop and help at no charge to Forum members, a few people have come by

but most complain about service at local dealers and yet are too lazy to do it themselves

all I ask is that people download the manual for their bike and READ the relevant sections before coming over

if you just want to do an oil/filter change I have '99-'09 filters in stock YOU need to get the oil here.....Ladies excepted, I'll get the oil for you, I get paid in Greenbacks

diagnostic tools, on hand;
'99-'09
'10-'12
MicroTec 226
Aprilia Axion

Air hoist and all the tools

:naughty::naughty:

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Have'nt been on here for a good few months until the other day.

Why is it, when some members ask for help to resolve an issue with their bikes, and the clever ones chip in with advice, whether it helps or not, the problem is left up in the air. Did the problem get fixed or not ???

I enjoy reading through the agony pages, but please lets hear if and how the problem was resolved. Not going to learn diddly squat if there isnt a result. :stickpoke
Welcome to the forum,most people reply with thank you and yes that did fix the problem,but some don't.:wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Harry, it's something that's been eating at me for so long, some guys come back and tell us we are wrong, but so many just don't even say thanks or admit to doing something wrong etc. To those that do say thanks, cheers for that.
Now why is this in the F4 section, are they the only ungrateful buggers on the forum. :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Mostly I am doing my best to update on the solution when I had a problem. Then I see the other thing happening... nobody cares apparently and there is no reaction anymore...

·
Registered
822 Posts
O.k., some don't reply with the outcome but there are always similar threads where the result is published and the publisher expresses the desire to help others. Overall there isn't a better site anywhere for helping people with similar interests albeit M.V.'s or anything else.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The intention of causing dis - harmony amongst you guys was not on the agenda.... I have always looked forward to resolving my running issues with the bike and have had good results from the regular members. Thanks guys :drummer:
I always consider this a top site, and as I mentioned earlier, really enjoy reading about faults that occur and how we as a forum try and resolve issues. But when its left high and dry and it gets kicked into touch, pointless.
Most mechanical issues, I can resolve, bit of common sense really.
But electrical /electronic problems... not a hope. So that's when I turn to this site to help me. So, when I am reading an issue that I have and the case goes cold......know what I mean. Nice to have an end result, even if it had to go to the dealers to be fixed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nearly forgot, on the v piece that fits around the bottom radiator, [2006 F4] are there 2 top hat spacers and 2 hex screws or cap head screws.
Just done a big service and this bit is bugging me.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Nearly forgot, on the v piece that fits around the bottom radiator, [2006 F4] are there 2 top hat spacers and 2 hex screws or cap head screws.
Just done a big service and this bit is bugging me.
Here we go jeteast.
Parts catalogue page 90 "Cooling System".
Two cap head screws with washers.

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts
The parts books are invaluable tools when trying to figure out how something is supposed to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts