MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS RC
20 Posts
I had this exact problem with my TV that sat outside in a torrent rain storm one night while I was touring in Colorado and Utah. Next morning when I tried to start it the dash looked like a squad going thru traffic with all lights flashing. The engine RPM was limited and in limp mode. I sat almost an hour or so waiting for the Ranger office to open at Sand Dunes state park in CO so I could make a call to the dealer and gain some advise. No cell service where I was at the time. The sun came out and was warming everything up and drying everything off.

Just about at opening time I tried it again and like yours everything worked flawless and I was on my way again. I wondered the rest of the route if I'd make it or not but fortunately did. When I got back home I took it in to the dealer and the issue resulted from water intrusion into the fly by wire throttle assembly. They removed it, cleaned and lubricated it and reset the codes. Not sure if this is what your bike experienced but just relating my experience and like you I was so upset I swore I'd never ride it again. That was over 8000 miles ago.

The night the storm started rolling in from the west. I was in the little green tent that blends into the surroundings on the left by the picnic table.

View attachment 485628
Beautiful little shot man

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had this exact problem with my TV that sat outside in a torrent rain storm one night while I was touring in Colorado and Utah. Next morning when I tried to start it the dash looked like a squad going thru traffic with all lights flashing. The engine RPM was limited and in limp mode. I sat almost an hour or so waiting for the Ranger office to open at Sand Dunes state park in CO so I could make a call to the dealer and gain some advise. No cell service where I was at the time. The sun came out and was warming everything up and drying everything off.

Just about at opening time I tried it again and like yours everything worked flawless and I was on my way again. I wondered the rest of the route if I'd make it or not but fortunately did. When I got back home I took it in to the dealer and the issue resulted from water intrusion into the fly by wire throttle assembly. They removed it, cleaned and lubricated it and reset the codes. Not sure if this is what your bike experienced but just relating my experience and like you I was so upset I swore I'd never ride it again. That was over 8000 miles ago.

The night the storm started rolling in from the west. I was in the little green tent that blends into the surroundings on the left by the picnic table.

View attachment 485628
Torrential rain was my TVL's undoing as well. 3 days riding in continual rain, and then without warning the bike stopped. Bike on tow truck to dealer who had since dropped the franchise. After 7 months sitting at dealer a new throttle assembly was installed. Part # 8D00B9492 . Price -$389.96 + labour. Dealer thankfully covered all the costs.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Currently my TVL is running fine.... If I turn the key on let it run through the check and wait a bit longer then turn it off, (do a little jig), then back on let it run through the check again, then start it even the fuel sensor works.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Currently my TVL is running fine.... If I turn the key on let it run through the check and wait a bit longer then turn it off, (do a little jig), then back on let it run through the check again, then start it even the fuel sensor works.
It's the jig, that's what did it! Ha I hope this is the story for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

81 - 84 of 84 Posts