MV Agusta Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha-indeed!!

That stuff helps with old switches and cures “Neve Disease” (scratchy pots) on old 81-series mixing desks, too.

Sometimes, audio engineers and audiophiles agree on things (I’m glad to be a bit of both)!

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Sometimes, audio engineers and audiophiles agree on things (I’m glad to be a bit of both)!
One thing they'll never agree on is who has better ears to judge the real sound of unamplified music in space as reproduced by audio media and equipment. ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I have no idea where the "main ground" is located. I am not sure what I am looking for, or if I'm looking at something that is correct of incorrect.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Rob and I are “experienced” at working together...

View attachment 485415

That’s his TV in my driveway....
Chuck you're terrific, I will first get the bike out of my van and into the garage. I will see what I can see, and will contact you. I am thankful for you and all the good people who make this a great forum.
I hate not liking my MV, so I need to let my attitude soften a bit and then take it from there.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I bought a few 2 oz. glass bottles of Cramolin back in the 80's. A little bottle goes a long way. If you have electrical contacts that you want to maximize signal transfer on, this stuff is great

·
Wing Nut
21,732 Posts
The real dilemma with all new bikes using CAN-bus systems is that any "noise" in the bus will drive the computer crazy.

This is why BMW owners have had so much fun putting electrical "farkels" on their big GS adv bikes.

Just untwisting the paired wiring on a sensor lead can allow RF to contaminate the circuit.

Reactions: kingwilliams

·
Registered
41 Posts
One thing they'll never agree on is who has better ears to judge the real sound of unamplified music in space as reproduced by audio media and equipment. ;)
I know, and it has always been a source of consternation to me. I think that ‘Philes often ignore the fact that recordist have to deal with “two channel mono” much more than they do stereo (binaural) recording. Recordists consider ‘philes as twitchy pedants that don’t understand the industrial nature of commercial recordings at large. I’d say where most everyone comes together, though, is on a lot of the very basic orchestral recordings (basic, as they tend to go live to 2-track and are very few channels of microphones) are best when just that-basic and honest.

Though, I sure do love those Beatles albums...

(Thread hijack over, I accept all condemnations)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well today while attempting to ride home from work, my TVL shit the bed, again. This time is the last time. I'm taking it off the road selling it "as is" or as a parts bike.
My experience with MV Agusta has been awful, and so now it's time to sever the ties.
hi "allworld", many months ago i had an intermittant electrical fault with similar symptoms as yours.
i pulled apart the wiring plug on the accelerator and sprayed acf-50, then plugged/unplugged a few times, sprayed again, wiped the excess. i then found a 2~3 inch length of 'shrink wrap' which i fitted over one end,fitted the plug into the socket, positioned the shrink-wrap then shrank it with a hairdryer.
done 10,000km since, still good.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
i pulled apart the wiring plug on the accelerator
Does anyone know where this is located or how I access it.

·
Super Moderator
23,739 Posts
I would assume it is on the right hand side of the bike in the nose fairing and probably next to the right hand fork leg.

Reactions: kingwilliams

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS RC
20 Posts
So King just turned me to this thread because I have a '20 TVL SCS (technically a '19.5) experiencing similar issues, though mine didn't magically repair itself. Rob, I genuinely feel your pain. This crap sucks. I feel fortunate this is happening under warranty on my end or I'd be an utter mess. I'd say you've held up very well.

I was at a light, bike stalled, all the lights came one, one from the dash I remember in particular was "gas out of position" I think :unsure:. Keyed it off after a guy swerved to barely miss me, keyed it back on and all the lights still on. I was on a slight incline so I tried to get the bike moving under its own power. It did "go" but very slowly, like "limp mode" in a car. Throttle full pin and it finally crawled up to 10 mph.

I managed to limp it home, but noticed a lag in the throttle response, like 0.5 sec lag, in both directions.

It's been at Duc Shop for about a month now and they haven't a clue what's wrong with it. Apparently they're waiting to hear something from MVA. This bike has been riddled with sensor and electrical problems and it's not through the break-in period. Been to the Duc Shop 3 times in under 600 miles (bike was delivered in February). No rain soaked rides in those miles either. I think I read on this forum somewhere (or maybe it was King telling me) that others had similar issues with the Euro 4 TVs and that the tool to fix it wasn't necessarily available from MV yet to provide dealers (I may very well be misremembering that).

Trevor at Duc Shop did tell when I picked it up the second time that it wasn't technically mapped correctly. The SCS models have a separate map apparently, and not only is it not mapped correctly, but that map isn't even available through the current software (his explanation, not mine).

Anyway...it has not been a long road, but it has been a mighty frustrating one. New bike, more days in the shop than on the road. Not a great start for my first MVA.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Thanks for sharing this. For me; I'm not looking to rant and rave, but to find a solution or cut my losses. So I think investigating the electrical connections are a real possibility, in particular the one mentioned earlier in this thread, by piotr.
I dread pulling the bike apart on speculation, but, I'll give it a shot, one more time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So I retrieved my bike, before I loaded it into my van I tried to start it. You know it, started right up ... no warnings no check engine, and throttle worked like normal.
It's still in the van, parking conditions won't allow me to get it out and need help to unload it. Once it is in my garage I will let it run for a bit and then take it around the block... Unbelievable. MY MV-TVL-LTD.
I had this exact problem with my TV that sat outside in a torrent rain storm one night while I was touring in Colorado and Utah. Next morning when I tried to start it the dash looked like a squad going thru traffic with all lights flashing. The engine RPM was limited and in limp mode. I sat almost an hour or so waiting for the Ranger office to open at Sand Dunes state park in CO so I could make a call to the dealer and gain some advise. No cell service where I was at the time. The sun came out and was warming everything up and drying everything off.

Just about at opening time I tried it again and like yours everything worked flawless and I was on my way again. I wondered the rest of the route if I'd make it or not but fortunately did. When I got back home I took it in to the dealer and the issue resulted from water intrusion into the fly by wire throttle assembly. They removed it, cleaned and lubricated it and reset the codes. Not sure if this is what your bike experienced but just relating my experience and like you I was so upset I swore I'd never ride it again. That was over 8000 miles ago.

The night the storm started rolling in from the west. I was in the little green tent that blends into the surroundings on the left by the picnic table.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts