MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today while attempting to ride home from work, my TVL shit the bed, again. This time is the last time. I'm taking it off the road selling it "as is" or as a parts bike.
My experience with MV Agusta has been awful, and so now it's time to sever the ties.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Not end of the road, just a different turn. Happy trails!

Reactions: zzaraxx

·
Super Moderator
23,533 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Rob!

·
Wing Nut
21,577 Posts
Gee Rob...that sucks. What happened?

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
Not good news at all....would love to know some more details when appropriate.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been on going issues. I have had 2 MV's both have needed the motors replaced... I can't seem to go over 2K miles without a major problem... 1000's of dollars, months of down time, stranded on the side of the road, ….. I'm done. I'm not going to rant and bad mouth the brand I'm simply done.
I have one bike that I actually bought to ride while my Brutale sat unusable for months, so I will ride that bike and maybe next year I'll buy something a bit nicer.
I will stay in the forum as I have met a lot of great people, and certainly will be at the tail of the dragon this fall.

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
Incredibly unfortunate and unbelievably frustrating for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
" Hey 'Job' where you goin with that gun in your hand............"

Wait I forget, is it more broken bones or MV engines? :confused:

You fought the good fight with those things and persevered far longer than anyone I know would have.

I loved my 800RR and suffered none of the reliability issues you had but was hesitant to buy MV again (after it was killed) due in part to your experience.
I have yearned for another one but only 'The Sirens' wail of a new MV with a Full, Guaranteed FAST Repair Contract would entice me.

We feel your pain

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sorry to hear about these issues, don`t give up the brand, but get one of the 4 cylinder line up bikes?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
" Hey 'Job' where you goin with that gun in your hand............"

Wait I forget, is it more broken bones or MV engines? :confused:

You fought the good fight with those things and persevered far longer than anyone I know would have.

I loved my 800RR and suffered none of the reliability issues you had but was hesitant to buy MV again (after it was killed) due in part to your experience.
I have yearned for another one but only 'The Sirens' wail of a new MV with a Full, Guaranteed FAST Repair Contract would entice me.

We feel your pain
Hey Andrew: You know.... and it's a saga/merry-go-round. I'm headed for the exit. Yesterday was the third time I was almost hit because the bike died in traffic. First time with this new motor, but that doesn't count.
Since last Sept. at the Dragon till now I haven't even put 2K. It was down for the count from Oct. to March....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sad to read this. I did not have an issue with my F3 675, but sold it after 5000km. I am always wondering if the recent engine issues to be read in this forum would meanwhile be preempted with the updates to Euro 4 in 2017 and Euro 5 in 2021.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Yesterday was the third time I was almost hit because the bike died in traffic. First time with this new motor, but that doesn't count.
Since last Sept. at the Dragon till now I haven't even put 2K. It was down for the count from Oct. to March.... "

No question you owe the Brand nothing.

Just know that your MV Family is cringing with each event.

Not sure you would take a new one Gratis after this.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Yesterday was the third time I was almost hit because the bike died in traffic. First time with this new motor, but that doesn't count.
Since last Sept. at the Dragon till now I haven't even put 2K. It was down for the count from Oct. to March.... "

No question you owe the Brand nothing.

Just know that your MV Family is cringing with each event.

Not sure you would take a new one Gratis after this.
Thanks Andrew: Yeah MV is like the "dumb blonde" of the moto world.... they are drop dead gorgeous, it's the drop dead part that scares me.
At any rate, the sun will shine tomorrow, wait the sun never sets on the British Empire....

·
Wing Nut
21,577 Posts
Rob, did the bike just stall? or did the engine die, never to run again? Just curious about the details of your latest failure. So many people ride miles and miles trouble free, and then there is the bike that blows up over and over.
Please tell us what the failure was this time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bike stalled, then I tried to restart it.... The warning lights came on then the whole display stated flashing codes. Stuff like "RPM sensor" "gear position sensor" "fuel gauge sensor" the check engine light came on the throttle stopped working, It displayed 2nd gear no matter what gear it was in. There was a "don't run engine" or something light that. The lights that indicate when you approach redline started flashing yellow then red.....
I was dead in the water, a guy almost slammed into the back of me and then an on coming car almost took me out. I got to the side of the street and shut in down. Every time I turned it back on the situation was the same.
I don't know what the problems are, nor do I plan to find out. I'm done........... no more. It's for sale as is or for parts.

·
Wing Nut
21,577 Posts
Major electrical fault of some sort...the canbus has gone crazy. So not a mechanical.
Sounds scary. I'm going to bet it has something to do with wiring faults created when the engine was replaced.
Glad you didn't get injured.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Major electrical fault of some sort...the canbus has gone crazy. So not a mechanical.
Sounds scary. I'm going to bet it has something to do with wiring faults created when the engine was replaced.
Glad you didn't get injured.
Thanks, I'm glad I didn't get hit too.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Sorry Rob. That sux. So what's the next bike on the horizon?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry Rob. That sux. So what's the next bike on the horizon?
I'm a big fan of Triples, and I love my Street Triple (675R), and will most likely keep it. I am taking a close look at the new Speed Triple 1200 RS..... Now how to pay for it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts