MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bawling: I have just popped out in the car, and to my dismay there are gritter lorries flying around like they're on a mission :freezing: , that means the start of the watching season has begun, I watch for lots of rain, followed by a dry day, then it's :later: before the whole process starts again :conveyer:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
man, all this end of season talk is depressing!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You don't even get to test out your new suspension?

I guess I shouldn't complain. It's 48 degrees in the morning and I just can't be bothered to put on extra clothes to ride the bike into work... I really should ride more. I hardly ever do anymore. Mostly track days now.

I get to find out first hand what a UK winter is like in a month or so. I don't expect it will be too fun

·
Registered
925 Posts
acruhl said:
You don't even get to test out your new suspension?

I guess I shouldn't complain. It's 48 degrees in the morning and I just can't be bothered to put on extra clothes to ride the bike into work... I really should ride more. I hardly ever do anymore. Mostly track days now.

I get to find out first hand what a UK winter is like in a month or so. I don't expect it will be too fun

That means your coming to the uk!!! when and where, there are lots of 'friends' of MV members over here.
Im on the hunt for nice days now, not many left and its getting so coooollllddddddd :freezing: :freezing: :freezing: :freezing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My wife's family lives between London and Brighton, Haywards Heath. Maybe we'll have to talk about meet ups with people from down there. I don't think we'll be venturing much farther north than London this time. We were supposed to take a drive to Cornwall, but that's still up in the air. I keep trying to get her to fly to Spain or something for a few days, but she's not having it... She's homesick and wants to spend most of her time at home I guess.

I wish you all a mild winter, if that's possible!

·
Registered
785 Posts
mikef4uk said:
:bawling: I have just popped out in the car, and to my dismay there are gritter lorries flying around like they're on a mission :freezing: , that means the start of the watching season has begun, I watch for lots of rain, followed by a dry day, then it's :later: before the whole process starts again :conveyer:
Mike, your right, 1st November came and the weather took a bad turn, temps are as low as 4 degrees cel.

Wrap up warm and ride safely UK guys :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mmmmmm was going to take the 910 out tomorrow but think 5 deg and super corsa pros don't mix too well.... guess the Fazer (FZ1) will be used instead... heated grips and a fairing... tis good :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes. keep thinking positive, :) whilst things are turning colder here, down in the southern hemisphere the biking season is just beginning, :smoking: I need to seriously think about a winter retreat south of the equator. :king: Now which bank have I got the best chance of robbing without detection!!! :stopp:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
john said:
Yes. keep thinking positive, :) whilst things are turning colder here, down in the southern hemisphere the biking season is just beginning, :smoking: I need to seriously think about a winter retreat south of the equator. :king: Now which bank have I got the best chance of robbing without detection!!! :stopp:
The southern hemisphere is the place to live, all the bike/car racing is centered around the northen heisphere, Southern boys get to watch all that in the winter months.........

·
Registered
796 Posts
here it s sunny but the wind is so strong and it s so cold :( and i have bike practice for my exam tommorow.the forecast is predicting rain and strong wind..so it should be fun :(

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What can I say? We are lucky enough to ride all year round. In fact Winter is even better than summer as it is not so hot. I am off to a track day tomorrow at Eastern Creek, then a weekend with the guys up North.
I can't imagine sitting around for months on end.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Agreed, the wait can be hard, but I guess you'll never experience that first ride of the season on that first glorious spring day...just fantastic!

Besides, good time to do maintenance, modifications and sit on it during a snowstorm making Vrooom Vroom noises!! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greg Albert said:
What can I say? We are lucky enough to ride all year round. In fact Winter is even better than summer as it is not so hot. I am off to a track day tomorrow at Eastern Creek, then a weekend with the guys up North.
I can't imagine sitting around for months on end.
yes, but in the winter I do other stuff like, er, um, and I er er, well I do f*** all really...... :jsm:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts