MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I traded in my 2014 Brutale 800 for this. The bike has been awesome and I've had real fun the last 2 and a half years. Sadly MV know how to make bikes but are lacking somewhat when it comes to customer service. I was thinking of getting the new Brutale but didn't relish having to wait for warranty work while they waited for parts for months etc. So decided to go for the Ducati Monster 1200s. Heres to having more fun.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,079 Posts
The Monster is a very capable bike. I have a 2007 S4Rs...modified a bit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Early days yet. Crap. Weather since I picked her up so only managed 200 miles so far and running in but the torque and engine braking is good and the handling sweet. Loveing it so far. Got rad and oil cooler guards fitted and bar end mirrors. Next is crash bungs and tail tidy but need to let wallet cool down a bit first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
what an amazing bike.

Agile, fast, responsive. I had an 821 and ADORED it. I don't dislike my Dragster RR, but the MV does not put to shame a bike 7000$ cheaper.

I miss it.

And it always started.

And the dealer/service was amazing.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Beautiful bike. I have a friend trading his trumpet 1050 for one

I was always an Aprilia guy over Ducati but the new monster 1200s is meant to be excellent

I miss my dragster rr at times. I did a fair amount of hard miles on it but it was right in the 2016 'mini mv crisis' and I was having issues with a rad and clutch warranty. Fork seal gone & getting a replacement quick and only a few months warranty left so I px'd it

That being said I'm keeping active on here and waiting for an all new 1000+ Brutale

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Hate to tell you, but that new bike of yours is no where near as good looking as the one you got rid of.....But you know that,

Reactions: NicholasF4

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hate to tell you, but that new bike of yours is no where near as good looking as the one you got rid of.....But you know that,
Agreed.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Brut was gorgeous youll get no argument out of me on that front and provided you are willing to fettle a bit it was a brilliant bike. I just always had the sprag clutch worry every time I pressed the starter and didn't fancy waiting for a replacement etc. The Monster is also brilliant now I have the termis on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
Nice looking Monster...could you update or PM some photos of the side-stand as well ?

Cheers
Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts