·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
388 Posts
From the linked article:
"According Rob Keith, Managing Director for MV Agusta USA, after importing only 28 bikes in 2011, the company brought over 400 last year and is on track to double that to 800 units for 2013"

I've gotten the impression on this forum that USA was a small market for MV, but I had no idea it was that small: 28 bikes in 2011?? Interesting read - they definitely seem to have a pretty small presence in the USA.

·
Registered
605 Posts
They only talk about the ELDOR equipped bikes (F3, B3, and 2013 F4). No word about the bikes with the Magneti Marelli ECU.

I'm happy I had my Brutie dynoed & mapped - imho no chance to get the older ECUs remapped in a proper way from Varese......

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I don't see mv doing much to update mapping on the magnetti ecu bikes, Probably just as well to go the path you took.

They only talk about the ELDOR equipped bikes (F3, B3, and 2013 F4). No word about the bikes with the Magneti Marelli ECU.

I'm happy I had my Brutie dynoed & mapped - imho no chance to get the older ECUs remapped in a proper way from Varese......

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but how is this different to getting a new fuel map?

If it's the same then what's going to "change" for the F3 on the 10th of September (as per the article)?

I've been getting new fuel maps for my F3 since I got the bike June last year so why the media buzz about it now? Or did I miss something...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Oh and does the F3 have launch control?

I still see many magazines that put that and the lean sensor on the bikes features, but I'm not sure the bike has it?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The bike has to be horizontal for the switch to work. i.e. crashed.
I may be wrong, but I don't think it is like the RSV4 which alters the TC when a certain angle of lean is achieved.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
None of the new 3 cylinder models have the full electronics package as advertised on MV Agusta’s web sites. At least not yet. Most articles are just reprints of the following and no one seems to verify what the bikes actually come with. Please read the following, it'll answer all your questions.

Electronics
The most advanced electronic engine control system ever seen on a Supersport has been designed specifically for this extraordinary new three cylinder. A fuel injection system that is extremely sophisticated using a two fuel injectors per cylinder coupled with a throttle body employing 50mm throttle valves, a new record for a Supersport! The F3 675 introduces for the first time the MVICS system that allows the engine to unleash a record level of power and control in every situation. The rider can select one of the 4 available maps, or customize an additional map to obtain the power delivery desired. With the MVICS system it is possible to generate a perfect harmony between the power delivery and the traction control. As with every MV Agusta the Traction Control offers 8 levels of adjustment and is now accessible through the input on the left handlebar and the dashboard interface. This system is incredibly advanced and can be custom tailored by the rider with a series of optional MV Agusta Special Parts:

- Vehicle lean sensor capable of reading all of the vehicle inclination data. This interfaces with the traction control and engine control algorithms effectively reading the wheel slip during all angles of lean and then adjusting the throttle opening, spark advance and fuel delivery to ensure the optimal safety and acceleration in all dynamic conditions
- Launch Control which permits the optimum performance during starts and offering the maximum acceleration possible
- Anti-wheeling which permits the optimization of the vehicle acceleration
- MV Agusta EAS (Electronically Assisted Shift) which allows incredibly rapid shifting without ever having to close the throttle or employ the clutch.

http://www.mvagustacanada.com/f3675_en.html

NO, the bikes do not have a lean sensor, launch control, anti wheeling or five map modes as one might think given the wording.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I don't see mv doing much to update mapping on the magnetti ecu bikes, Probably just as well to go the path you took.
As much as I hate to agree with you on this I think you are right. It's kind of a shame really that MV is taking this stance on their older products and not standing behind it's customers who have supported them. While I understand the economics involved it's just not the "right thing" to do.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I'd sure like to see some feedback from anyone who actually has a 2013 F4RR and has received the update. I can't realistically consider purchasing one without all systems sorted and functioning.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am really getting frustrated with my bike. All these problems this might not be the right thread but I cant find any up to date conversation. Last year the mechanic supposedly replaced the fuel filter the injectors the tps . These were replaced because while riding it felt like on cylinder was out ... and that the bike was only running on three... Can someone help me out, is this fouled out plugs? If so how do I get to them? I took all the fairings and front cowl off. They are pretty deep. I need to get rid of this thin and get a new model.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I am really getting frustrated with my bike. All these problems this might not be the right thread but I cant find any up to date conversation. Last year the mechanic supposedly replaced the fuel filter the injectors the tps . These were replaced because while riding it felt like on cylinder was out ... and that the bike was only running on three... Can someone help me out, is this fouled out plugs? If so how do I get to them? I took all the fairings and front cowl off. They are pretty deep. I need to get rid of this thin and get a new model.
Not sure about the new ones but.... Did you remove the airbox? Might give you better access from above.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Hope you are able to get to the plugs easily and that you find something easy to fix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I regret buying the 2012 brutale 1090R. It's low speed stumbling problem makes riding not much fun. My 2011 Z1000 ran perfect from the factory. I wish I had it back as I see no "for sure" fix to the brutale's problem. I bought the brutale because I thought they had the problem mostly fixed, my mistake. It is a beautiful bike, and it is the bike I have wanted for the last 5 years, but I am ready to get rid of it after only 3 weeks of ownership. So, I really hope MV comes out with a free ECU that works good, as the bike should of had in the beginning.

·
Registered
605 Posts
@rocketrex4
I do not know where you are from.

This issue can be fixed by using a Rexxer Platinum programmer. I gained 12 hp and the bike runs very smooth now.
You can find Rexxer tuning points at their homepage.

You need to set the fuel and ignition maps. It really helped to block the secondary air system for increased smoothness at very low rpms when getting on the throttle.

Jochen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts