MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking of sending my F4 seat in to EmotoUK so that I can get it back with the suede on it. Limited edition F4's have alcantara seats, not suede seats. Does anyone have experience with these suede seats from EmotoUK or does anyone know where I can buy a black alcantara seat for my F4?

·
Registered
785 Posts
sgsoloplayer said:
Hey guys, I'm thinking of sending my F4 seat in to EmotoUK so that I can get it back with the suede on it. Limited edition F4's have alcantara seats, not suede seats. Does anyone have experience with these suede seats from EmotoUK or does anyone know where I can buy a black alcantara seat for my F4?
We can have the seat done for you in Alcantara or Suede.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Matt, Bill here....looks like you got yourself an F4. Congratulations!

I have an MV/Corse seat on order through Ferracci (talk to Allan). I saw one on a Brutale and had to get one. I was planning on buying one eventually but once I saw the quality of the MV product I went ahead and ordered it. The red stitching sets it off nicely. If you go to the MV site and look under the "E-SHOP" heading, go to the "gadgets" heading and choose "seats". From there it's self-explanitary. By the way, Ferracci's prices are lower than the MV site prices. I'm telling you.....it's addictive!!! Good luck with your new toy. At least you can ride year-round. Mine is under a sheet right now waiting for warmer days and clean roads. That's why I'm buying the Hypermotard......need a do-all bike that can be ridden all year.

Regards,
Bill
ps....for what it's worth, you can't beat the MV accessories. Top notch quality and fit. I won't put anything else on mine (well, except for the Sil Motor Titanium exhaust). So far I've gone for the full Corse carbon fiber kit, the Corse carbon rear hugger (fender), machined gas cap, alcantera seat, silver vent screen kit, Ferracci eprom, Sil Motor Ti exhaust and EBC "HH" front brake pads. I love looking at it as much as riding it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both of you for responding so quickly and with such good news! And Bill, thanks for your help with the MV from Ferracci. Though I did not buy from them because of the distance, I would love to do business with them for other things. And eMoto, maybe we can talk pricing of an alcantara seat. Thanks again!

·
Registered
338 Posts
sgsoloplayer said:
Suede is not as durable and has a tendency to fade quicker which is why the MC and auto manufactures use Alcantara.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool just talked to eMoto, doing the seat with them will save me some major bucks and I always like to give my business to forum sponsors as much as I can. Now my dilemma... I have an '06 F4 1000S in red/silver. Should I get a black alcantara seat or red? I thought the red might be too much but the AGO has it and it looks pretty good. Black or red seat... any opinions?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a red Brutale and purchased a used red seat to get a gel pad installed in it. Before I shipped it to get the gel pad installed and recoverd in black I put it on my bike. I though it was too much red fo my likeing.

sgsoloplayer said:
Cool just talked to eMoto, doing the seat with them will save me some major bucks and I always like to give my business to forum sponsors as much as I can. Now my dilemma... I have an '06 F4 1000S in red/silver. Should I get a black alcantara seat or red? I thought the red might be too much but the AGO has it and it looks pretty good. Black or red seat... any opinions?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, the Ago and the new Senna both have a 'so called' red Alcantara seat. However, it actually is a red/orange that doesn't match the red paint on the body or frame. Even if emoto's 'red' is a better match you can be sure it will fade. Personally I feel the black works better and has a purposeful race look.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool well it sounds like black is winning 2-0. Any other opinions either way? I appreciate your thoughts guys, thanks for responding!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I would go with the black for your bike... another fact is dirt shows more on the red Alcantara.

I think there are members on the forum with both the red and black Alcantara seat mods on their silver/red F4, take a look of the registry if you are interested in seeing pics of them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eh, checked through member albums... didnt see any black alcantara seats. Maybe I just missed it... anyone on these forums have one?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Either/or.....

Great thing about either/or, is... under heavy breaking, the intimates are less likely to sustain damage... for sure/for real!

·
Registered
337 Posts
i have been working with E-moto on the alcantara seat....i have a 1+1 and they don't make a alcantara pillon seat.....which i could see pics of the rider alcantara seat with the regular pillion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts