MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big believer of "You get what you pay for", but I was a bit surprised when looking at buying some air ducts. For the pair from MV special parts, the price is over $1,600. I almost shat myself.
QB has the set for $900.
Emoto has the pair for under $600.
So my question is, how nice are the emoto ones, and how much nicer are the SP ones? $1,000 nicer? The reason I ask is because these are a pretty complex piece to manufacture. The mesh, the hollow shape, the fit...everything has to be perfect...

I know Emoto is held in very high regard on the board, but I'd like some objective opinions. Are QB better, or just more expensive? Also, I think this was asked earlier, but I can't find it - Do the emoto/QB/SP CF parts intermingle well, or do they look like different pieces. Once I buy a CF part from one or the other, am I stuck buying from them for life because nothing else will match?

·
Registered
473 Posts
good questions.
I am expecting the first part from Emoto. carbon seat unit but painted in red, so I will not be able to compare with the carbon from LIEB I have got.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi Velocemoto that is really nice! Congrats.
How much is the weight reduction changing all fairings by CF one? Do you know?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Our Mr. Pigiolino will say nothing but "authentic MV" carbon, but we are not all multi millionairs like Mr.P. :) :stickpoke

I have compared them and the Emoto CF is right up there with the best of them. The cost can't be beat.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Matty said:
from comparing the Emoto and QB rear hugger side to side i would go with the Emoto Carbon Fiber. It was alot thinker and was perfect.
Yep, I second that. I ordered a QB hugger and sent it back. I bought the eMoto carbon tail piece from Johnt T and it was flawless. After seeing it, I went and ordered a whole bunch of carbon from eMoto, including the air intake ducts. It has not arrived yet, but when it does I will be sure to post pics.

·
Registered
473 Posts
let me know what you think of those carbon intakes as I am also planning to order some.

tommorrow i will get the carbon seat unit, in red.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
anucci said:
Yep, I second that. I ordered a QB hugger and sent it back. I bought the eMoto carbon tail piece from Johnt T and it was flawless. After seeing it, I went and ordered a whole bunch of carbon from eMoto, including the air intake ducts. It has not arrived yet, but when it does I will be sure to post pics.
does your wife know??? :king:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have the MV Corse airducts andthey are gorgeous. I´ve never seen the emoto airducts, but the qb are not fit to hold a candle at all to the MVCorse airducts.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
psst!!!... said:
Hi Velocemoto that is really nice! Congrats.
How much is the weight reduction changing all fairings by CF one? Do you know?
No idea....even moving the bike around, any weight reduction is hardly noticable....

These are it's track clothes, but they've been on permanently because I'm a lazy ass :)

Original fairings are in bubble wrap in the roof of the house...hehe

·
Registered
27 Posts
1+1

does anyone know who makes a carbon tail twin seater for a 1+1 :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome TAMBO_DUCK! Can't help you with that one...there are a few 1+1 Tambo's that were built but I don't know if the tail is carbon or not.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Welcome TAMBO_DUCK! Can't help you with that one...there are a few 1+1 Tambo's that were built but I don't know if the tail is carbon or not.

Just checked and the 1+1 Tambo has a plastic rear, the owner of the 1+1 had asked MV to make him a carbon 1+1 and said he was waiting approx 10 days for a reply from MV but he didn't follow up so we don't know. One thing is for sure

You could ask emoto if they will do one but I imagine the demand for a carbon 1+1 would not be in high enough to justify making the mould.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just my view, but I have only bought MV SP stuff at a huge premium, but then I have never had to wonder about the quality, fit or if the carbon is cheap crap from asia (or elsewhere)
I have held up MV stuff against some others and don't kid yourself guys....light and day regarding quality and finish. Its all about paying for what you get!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts