MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Pete, have you dealt with the guys at eMoto? They've got your pic on their owner's bikes page:
http://www.emotouk.com/ownersbikes.htm

I'm thinking of ordering some carbon from them. any experience with it? These aren't the racer-den guys you've talked about, right?

Anyone else deal with these guys? anyone else looking to buy some carbon? They've got some bits I've been looking for for my Brutale and I'm considering pulling the trigger on fairings for my F4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
Just ordered a front guard for my F4 from them.
Jonathan, the guy who runs it, actually contacted me and asked if I'd put up a link on my website...They've been doing high quality bits for Ducati for some time.

Really nice guy, MV nut, and extremely enthusiastic.
I ended up ordering the guard... :)
His communication has been brilliant since...emailing when the part was layed up, when the part had arrived to him and when he'd actually shipped the part...great stuff. They really are enthusiasts who will talk MV all day...

Part should arrive this week, and I'll let you know how good it is.
I'm assured it's well beyond the backyard trackday carbon that's getting around....
The part is all pre-drilled and ready to fit, which is beyond most crap on sale.
I think his prices are very reasonable as well.

stay tuned and I'll let you know about the part ASAP.
Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,256 Posts
well alrighty then. i guess we should be glad the 1000 came out. because of all it's exposure, it's really garnered interest in the aftermarket. guess those people realize that people spend that kind of money for more than ducati and they want some of that $$$$. let's hope they don't go on MVcorse to get an idea for pricing!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Gladio,
I have used emoto for a few bits in recent months and found their stuff quite reasonable, (through ebay) deliver and packaging first class.
Don't know about the quality of the carbon though as I have not used it, as long as its not sourced from China!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agusta01 said:
Gladio,
I have used emoto for a few bits in recent months and found their stuff quite reasonable, (through ebay) deliver and packaging first class.
Don't know about the quality of the carbon though as I have not used it, as long as its not sourced from China!!
What did you buy? You didn't install it yet? Just wondering about fit, finish, and thickness.

I had a complete carbon fiber body for the RC from QB Carbon. It was nice but very, very resin heavy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Gladio said:
What did you buy? You didn't install it yet? Just wondering about fit, finish, and thickness.

I had a complete carbon fiber body for the RC from QB Carbon. It was nice but very, very resin heavy.
For Carbon bits I bought the key guard, I already had a Casoli one, not happy with that one. But the emoto is better, the fit was good, but my problem is that I am a perfectionist! Damn its a problem, as all my other carbon is MV Corse, and when you put this stuff on next to the Corse parts you can clearly see why you pay 3x as much for it.

The weave on the Corse carbon is all aligned and the attention to detail in the small radius curves and edges is second to none, the stuff on ebay on its own looks great, on the same bike with Corse stuff...well lets just say I have learned my lesson and just wont buy it again.

I also bought the fine mesh grill material for covering the air vents, it has not arrived as yet, but if it lives up to thier promises I will be pleased.

Post pic when fitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Just in case there are some that don't know...carbon fibre differs greatly in quality depending on types and amounts of materials used to the lay-up method and this not only has a bearing on the weight and apperance but strength and durability well, some resins can be very heat sensitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
agusta01 said:
as long as its not sourced from China!!
Good advice but this may not be true for long. China has lifted it's game in recent years and now produces most products equal to the best in the world but as most buyers that go to China are there to seek cheap product (and there is plenty of cheply made crap there) thats mostly all we see. Most of the mass produced cabon fibre these days (especially for push bikes) is made in Taiwan with the latest technology and to the highest levels of quality possible.

From this point in time depends more on whos making it not where it's made but don't expect that much of a cost saving for Made in China when they start producing high quality CF bits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure the MV corse pieces are great. Just too rich for my blood. when I bought my Gladio kit, the carbon kit was another $4K. That's more than I can justify spending on "cutesy" stuff. I took that money and bought a dirt bike and some of the other carbon pieces I wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Gladio said:
I'm sure the MV corse pieces are great. Just too rich for my blood. when I bought my Gladio kit, the carbon kit was another $4K. That's more than I can justify spending on "cutesy" stuff. I took that money and bought a dirt bike and some of the other carbon pieces I wanted.
Whoa! Thats a big diff for a kit that doesn't include fairings. What dirt bike did you get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a small CRF 230. I use it as a pit bike and had hoped to get out on the ice with it this year. Been to busy though and we didn't have much ice this year.
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Good advice but this may not be true for long. China has lifted it's game in recent years and now produces most products equal to the best in the world but as most buyers that go to China are there to seek cheap product (and there is plenty of cheply made crap there) thats mostly all we see. Most of the mass produced cabon fibre these days (especially for push bikes) is made in Taiwan with the latest technology and to the highest levels of quality possible.
China and Taiwan can not be confused... Taiwanese CF bikes are fantastic, the Giant bikes are being used by the top road racing team T mobile, not to mention their world class CF tennis racquet since the 80s; they have had experience with high quality CF manufacturing for decades, however I am not aware of them producing CF parts for bikes. China is a different story, cheap labor is the reason that lots of things are made over there in the past 15 years... and I haven't heard of any quality CF product coming from China or that they have lifted their game... where did you hear that from or have you had good experiences with their product?

Quality CF product requires quality hand work to produce, so I guess that's why one would have to pay the big bucks for the Corse parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
odonata said:
China and Taiwan can not be confused... Taiwanese CF bikes are fantastic, the Giant bikes are being used by the top road racing team T mobile, not to mention their world class CF tennis racquet since the 80s; they have had experience with high quality CF manufacturing for decades, however I am not aware of them producing CF parts for bikes. China is a different story, cheap labor is the reason that lots of things are made over there in the past 15 years... and I haven't heard of any quality CF product coming from China or that they have lifted their game... where did you hear that from or have you had good experiences with their product?

Quality CF product requires quality hand work to produce, so I guess that's why one would have to pay the big bucks for the Corse parts.
Yes just about every push bike company is manufacturing in Taiwan now including Pinarello and Colnago.

My comments on product from China were not relating to CF parts being produced at the moment rather how many products that are now produced there are being done so to the highest posssible standard and that CF at some stage will more than likely become one of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
agusta01 said:
Rocket..was comment for Gladio...is that :grin: 'sword' in Italian??
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I agree the MV pieces are superior, no question. Just not in my budget, champagne taste and beer budget. :)

And thanks for giving your impressions of the eMoto stuff.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top