MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas for how to attach the mesh materials to the fairings that emoto sells?

If you could be specific on what brands etc...

·
Registered
375 Posts
rramseyr said:
Anyone have any ideas for how to attach the mesh materials to the fairings that emoto sells?

If you could be specific on what brands etc...

I used my hot glue gun. The hot glue sticks well and if I want to ever remove the mesh, the hot glue pops off the plastic and leaves no trace what so ever.

Before ending up using the hot glue, I also contemplated silicon.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bostik Hot Glue Gun :guitarist

See the other thread in F4 forum. I have since seen other mesh held on with double sided tape which looks neat. It was narrow width, but this and spongy. Not sure if it is widely available.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not a different thought on fixing, I used good quality automotive silicone, however after completion of what I thought were all the vents, noticed I missed the two smallest ones! The silver covers below fuel tank have a 3cm x .5 cm vent at the rear, they are not really that visual, but once done it finishes the job nicely.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I used hot glue gun as well, but you might want to consider something more heat resistant on the right side fairing near the engine casing and exhaust. The glue melted and I lost the lower screen I made haha.. so I have to make another one and use heat resistant silcone (marine grade) probably. but for all other areas I will keep the hot glue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was going to use double sided sticky pads like the 3M(?) stuff MV used on the air ducts to attach the screen. I figured if it was strong enough to secure the screen at a high pressure point like the front of the fairing, then it would probably be fine at the other vent openings.

Am I way off base here?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
That looks like the gauge is way too large, more like the gauge used on the stock front vents, the emoto stuff is a perfect match to what MV use on tamburini and others.

Could use that stuff in concrete reo :) :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts