MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phew! All the stuff came in while I was on vacation and tonight was the first night I could mess with the bike! Wahoo! Here are pics of what I've installed so far. Still to come: sliders, sliders, sliders, tail light kit, and new aluminum billet turn signals for the front....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ps

Forgot to mention, had some trouble with the hugger. It is in contact with the exhaust, but not when I sit on the bike. I have been in touch with e-Moto and expect to hear from them tomorrow. Windscreen was easy, SW Motech bag a little tricky and a little big, but after losing the pillion seat opted for a larger tank bag since I won't trust anything on the back.

Vacation back east was great. Ran the Virginia Beach half marathon, visited friends (their kids in the pic), then drove to Connecticut to visit family. Somehow, I couldn't help routing the trip there to visit Bobs BMW and Fast by Ferracci! Here are those pics!!!! Oh yeah, then ran into a Triumph car show while at a church picnic. Fun little escape.
 

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
Joined
·
2,150 Posts
Very nice pics. Wondered where you'd been for awhile. Sounds like you're ready for some RYD TYM... er, RIDE TIME.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
I had tha same problem you have with the hugger. I recomend you not to use it until you get an answer from emotouk. I know what I'm talking about. Mine totalily bended becouse of the high temperature contact. I had to send it back to them to modify the shape of it. It was because I'm not too tall and I had my rear adjustment in the lowest possition, so it touched the exhaust. It took a 20 minutes ride to totally melt it. Anyway, Geoff and company are the best and they took care of it.
Hope you read this post before is too late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Looks great!

Does the wind shield make a big difference or is it more for looks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
FERROMAN said:
I had tha same problem you have with the hugger. I recomend you not to use it until you get an answer from emotouk. I know what I'm talking about. Mine totalily bended becouse of the high temperature contact. I had to send it back to them to modify the shape of it. It was because I'm not too tall and I had my rear adjustment in the lowest possition, so it touched the exhaust. It took a 20 minutes ride to totally melt it. Anyway, Geoff and company are the best and they took care of it.
Hope you read this post before is too late.
Yep, same problem with mine, but it actually only slightly melted the part that was touching the exhaust. So now it doesn't touch any more and you can't see that part of it anyway. I know it is an expensive piece, but I just lived with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
anucci said:
Yep, same problem with mine, but it actually only slightly melted the part that was touching the exhaust. So now it doesn't touch any more and you can't see that part of it anyway. I know it is an expensive piece, but I just lived with it.

Tony, its Geoff. Has your Brutale also been lowered? please let me know.

FERROMAN's bike has been lowered, and thus melted part of the painted hugger, luckily we managed to save it, though we had to trim part of it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Tony, its Geoff. Has your Brutale also been lowered? please let me know.

FERROMAN's bike has been lowered, and thus melted part of the painted hugger, luckily we managed to save it, though we had to trim part of it off.
No it was not lowered. I also think AirFuel had the same problem, but not 100% sure. I think he fixed it by shimming it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
916SPS said:
Looks great!

Does the wind shield make a big difference or is it more for looks?
I would also like to know the answer to this. It would be great if it offered some protection above 80mph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Windshield

916SPS said:
Looks great!

Does the wind shield make a big difference or is it more for looks?
I expect it should make some difference. I ordered what I thought was the tallest one available and it extends well above the gauges.

I'm riding tomorrow and will post afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Hi , just purchased my Brutale 910 (Fast by Ferraci) and drove back to DC (160 miles ) fantastic bike , perfect handeling. I have question , where can I buy the sliders for the Brutale ... any tips. Thanks. Ludo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Ludo said:
Hi , just purchased my Brutale 910 (Fast by Ferraci) and drove back to DC (160 miles ) fantastic bike , perfect handeling. I have question , where can I buy the sliders for the Brutale ... any tips. Thanks. Ludo

http://ema-usa.com/ is the best place.
or
motovation accessories
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Ludo said:
Hi , just purchased my Brutale 910 (Fast by Ferraci) and drove back to DC (160 miles ) fantastic bike , perfect handeling. I have question , where can I buy the sliders for the Brutale ... any tips. Thanks. Ludo
Contact us, we will be sure to do you a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eMOTO Sliders and windscreen!

I got a complete set of sliders from eMOTO (two pairs for the frame, and two pairs for the wheel hubs. Haven't installed them yet but they look great. And the service from eMOTO is fantastic!

This is the screen I installed:

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brutaleflyscreen.htm

It looks great, and changed the wind buffeting from the middle of my chest to the top of my helmet, which was much better than before. I only got the bike to about 85 today (wasn't riding with friends with radar), trying to behave. Bear in mind I'm 5'2".

The SW Motech bag turns out to be a bit too big. I may use it only for touring and try to keep it lighter. (I probably weighs 20lbs right now, loaded with CyclePump, tools, etc., all the fix-it stuff I usually carry on the BMW. Dealer said it's too much weight up front and too high. I noticed a big difference in the turns.

May try installing the sliders tomorrow - they look great and I don't expect any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Definitely contact Geoff at EMoto; they will do right by you and you can't beat the service!! I'm not saying the places mentioned are good, but EMoto goes above and beyond, and they have worked really hard to support the MV Agusta brand with MANY products.

I don't know of another place that has the selection they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
e-moto hi, I am in Aus and was wondering what the shipping costs were to here, for say the carbon parts? Are the prices quoted on your site the same as for members?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
eMOTO tail/turn light installed and plate mounted

Sheesh! I finally finished the job I started yesterday. I got the integrated brake/turn signal light from eMoto but couldn't figure out the wiring. It was actually pretty simple in the end. But I decided to mount the white license plate light which was a bit of a pain. It mounts nicely under the tail, just under a hole where the bulb can come through. You just have to saw off that little lip that's there. I can't get the light to work, but at least it's mounted.

Next step was plate mounting. I don't know if this is kosher, but I drilled two holes right through to the passenger storage compartment and used reflective wingnut screws to mount it on the bike.

It looks fantastic, and really shows off the hugger. The pics are dark - I finished at around 11 pm.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top