MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...before everyone flames me, I did search for a thread that referenced the same issue. I ordered something from them three weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I've sent several emails and NO Response. Is it me, or does that sound like questionable customer service?

I know the part is coming from out of the country and I don't expect to have it quickly, but with modern day conveniences such as EMAIL, you'd think they at least might be able to respond within 48 hours to a question.

okay...i got that off my chest.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
meant to type "response" in the head...

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi there lbonam, i am not standing up for these guys, but we have a postal strike over in england which has been going on for about a week or so. so it might not be there fault. but in saying that i am sure the phones still work!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Call them. I, too, had trouble with e-mails... it seems that they frequently have problems with their system. Sometimes I would have to make a couple of calls to get someone on the phone (don't bother leaving a message on their answering machine), but once I did I received the answers I was seeking.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The one order I placed with them was unbelievable!

I place my order on Sunday afternoon, my package arrived Wednesday afternoon!

Also had instant correspondence (via email) the whole time... not to mention on many other occassions! They've always responded to me the same day and sometimes within 30 seconds!!!!

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Both times I have ordered goodies from eMoto I have enjoyed outstanding and prompt communication and service. This was recently (in the past month) and I was a bit nervous with first order after reading some poor reviews. I'm glad I took the chance anyway, and am well pleased.... except for the exchange rates... OUCH.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Emoto: Two Weeks, No Response?

Is this normal, in the experience of those on this forum?

We have ordered a new body panel to replace the one damaged in LB's mishap.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, October 12th

To:'[email protected]'

Gentlemen...may I request the honor of a response as to when I will received my shipment?
-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 11:18 PM

To: '[email protected]'

Subject: RE: Order Confirmation - eMoto UK

Morning Gents,

Greetings from California!

Just wondering if you have an update on the status of my order?

Thanks,

Guy

-----Original Message-----

mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]

Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 11:06 AM

To: guybuckland

Subject: Order Confirmation - eMoto UK

Dear Guy Buckland,

Thank you for choosing eMoto UK. We are delighted to confirm that your order has been received and is currently being processed.

You will receive a second confirmation email from us shortly confirming payment. We will send you a third email which will contain delivery information and tracking details.

A summary of your order appears below:

Order Date: Saturday, September 29th 2007

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
couple of searches would reveal all sorts of opinions. up to you whether you think it is normal or not.

you should just call.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
ive had mostly good delivery times from e-moto with no problems,
although im now into my 6th week of wait for one item which I was promised would not run into months, time will tell

one thing to remember is that there are Postal strikes over here in U.K. right now with Royal Mail, not sure what mailing they use but the postal strikes are causing a problem with normal mail

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have not dealt with them personally but from the topics which I've followed here similar to this one, eMoto comes accross as a business doesn't want to "waste" time to inform the customer if there is delay in "processing" the order. And there is at least one instance that they got pretty rude to a customer because he becema impatient with his order... In short, although they made so many people happy customers, they made some of them no so mcuh so on the other hand. Choose which one to be...

Disclaimer: Above is my OPINION based on what I have observed so far. It may or may not be factual.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Ruhi said:
I have not dealt with them personally but from the topics which I've followed here similar to this one, eMoto comes accross as a business doesn't want to "waste" time to inform the customer if there is delay in "processing" the order. And there is at least one instance that they got pretty rude to a customer because he becema impatient with his order... In short, although they made so many people happy customers, they made some of them no so mcuh so on the other hand. Choose which one to be...

Disclaimer: Above is my OPINION based on what I have observed so far. It may or may not be factual.
postal strike !!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It looks like they are able to defend themselves quickly.....
I got this PM this morning:

FYI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Call them. I, too, had trouble with e-mails... it seems that they frequently have problems with their system. Sometimes I would have to make a couple of calls to get someone on the phone (don't bother leaving a message on their answering machine), but once I did I received the answers I was seeking.

Dear Sir,

We do not currently have any issues with our email system and if we ever have in the past it does not mean it is a frequent occurance.

In addition, we certainly DO reply to voice messages if they are clear with the customers name and return phone number, voice messages are replied to within 1-4 hours on average.

Thank you.

Regards,
eMoto

·
Registered
236 Posts
Always had quick response and great service, no complains over here!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a decent amount of stuff from them a year or so back (about $1500US for 4-5 items) it took seven months for them to fulfill an order they promised I would have in 3-4 weeks.

At times, they were not helpful at all and I would be beyond frustrated...sometimes a month would pass without any response. In the end I was happy and they came through.

I'd say if it's something you can buy locally, but it locally. If it's something common that is manufactured in bulk (rearsets, etc) that they have access to in a warehouse in the UK or Italy, you'll probably get it quickly.

If you can't find it anywhere but E-Moto and it's a rare bit (suede Duc 998 seat cover) be prepared to wait and go without response from time to time. I like the guys, they do try to be helpful and they are honest...but I will say that sometimes it seems like they are a part time shop.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a decent amount of stuff from them a year or so back (about $1500US for 4-5 items) it took seven months for them to fulfill an order they promised I would have in 3-4 weeks.

At times, they were not helpful at all and I would be beyond frustrated...sometimes a month would pass without any response. In the end I was happy and they came through.

I'd say if it's something you can buy locally, buy it locally. If it's something common that is manufactured in bulk (rearsets, etc) that they have access to in a warehouse in the UK or Italy, you'll probably get it quickly.

If you can't find it anywhere but E-Moto and it's a rare bit (suede Duc 998 seat cover) be prepared to wait and go without response from time to time. I like the guys, they do try to be helpful and they are honest...but I will say that sometimes it seems like they are a part time shop.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts