MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oaky guys, I took out the red performance Eprom and installed the stock eprom in it's place, with the writing in the same direction as the writing was facing on the performance eprom.

Bike will not start, and as soon as I turn the key on the cooling fan comes on. It cranks, but doesn't sound like it's getting any spark. Any advice? Help is needed immediately!!! Should I flip the Eprom over?

Please assist, or call me, Brian at 407-716-7153 With instructions!!!

B

·
Registered
364 Posts
The orientation of the sticker/label is irrelevant. There is a notch on one end of both the EPROM and the EPROM socket, these are used to determine the correct orientation of the EPROM in the socket.

If you have fitted the EPROM in the wrong orientation there is a good chance the EPROM will now be useless.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Fixed it. As you diagnosed, the chip was upside-down. Flipped it over and all is well with no problems. I was lucky enough to be EXTREMELY careful inserting and removing it, so the pins weren't affected at all, and it went right back in with no problems.

Now I know to align the notches!

Thanks for the super-fast responses! I appreciate it.

Brian

·
Registered
689 Posts
When you were asking a couple of days ago, I was hoping you would have no troubles. It's easy when you know how, but difficult to adequately describe the care to take. I'm glad you were able to install it twice (once each direction) without bending or breaking a pin.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lizzardo! With all the help and after re-reading some other posts, I realized it was upside down without question. All is good now, and I rode the bike today to confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts