MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I have done the usual searches and have only found one inconclusive thread.
My F4 has BREMBO cast/embossed onto each wheel along with the symbol, Why?
This is strange because my dad does not recall his early 2000 model having it on. I am fully awear of the possibility that the last owner may well have changed the wheels during its life, but this enquiry is not about that. My wheels are silver by the way.
Why would a standard F4 wheel have BREMBO embossed onto them.
The rear wheel for example has BREMBO 30.7397.01
Does anyone know why a standard F4 wheel has this when I thought Brembo did not make standard units. Thanks for reading. Brando

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hey Brando, got some pics to explain to us what you mean?
I have a pretty good idea but would like to make sure.

PS.Why don't you guys do photo albums so we can just click on it and have a look at your pictures and what you bike looks like.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
The early models with Star wheels ( 750,1000S, Brutales) all came standard with this type of wheel and it was made for MV by Brembo..

The same design Star wheel in magnesium was made by Marvic..

That particular Star Wheel design is owned by MV and I think was ( not 100% sure) Tamburini's concept..

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
The early models with Star wheels ( 750,1000S, Brutales) all came standard with this type of wheel and it was made for MV by Brembo..

The same design Star wheel in magnesium was made by Marvic..

That particular Star Wheel design is owned by MV and I think was ( not 100% sure) Tamburini's concept..

A little off topic but ZNA of China manufacture wheels for MV Agusta ..

I have a pair of 2010 wheels with this stamped inside the rim..

joe

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
It's a sign of the times Joe..

joe
Joe

All the late 2010 MV & Corse wheels are made in China.. So is a lot of the other cast components on the bike and various Corse parts..

I better not say anymore, otherwise the die hard MV brigade will commit Hari kari and I don't want that on my conscience. :)

I think the new 2013 RR has Brembo/marchesini or they could be the new Marvic wheels... :yo:... I haven't seen any of the new MV line up range close up to verify what wheels they're using...

It's still chucking it down in St Albans and we're still quite a bit away from biking weather and the last bike showroom I visited was a Triumph dealer for the new 675 launch..

Come on Sunshine, get your finger out and start warming up the UK..

·
Banned
1,512 Posts

joe
That kind of shocking but at the same time it's a brutal sign of the times. With such a visible component of the bike made in China one has to wonder what other parts that are not visible were made there too. :/

In all reality though this is a quite common practice these days. While the wheels were made in China MV probably has a good in house quality control process to make sure parts making it onto bikes in their factories are up to their standards.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Talking of China, my brothers Apple imac, Mac book pro, ipods and his ipad were also Chinese made. Food for thought maybe. Also there is a well known ferrari and lambo parts suppliers called Euro Spares in the UK who have alot of reproduced parts made in China.
Back to the wheels, they also have CRC embossed onto them so there official wheels. Brando

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Brando, so much is made in China now...Lots of companies use ZNA wheels as oe..It's a direct result of globalisation.

It doesn't mean the parts are substandard.

joe

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Talking of China, my brothers Apple imac, Mac book pro, ipods and his ipad were also Chinese made. Food for thought maybe.
Back to the wheels, they also have CRC embossed onto them so there official wheels. Brando
Yeah everything from Apple is made in China. Most consumer products ultimately come from China as well. The Chinese can make some decent products if the company invests a lot of time in monitoring the process and correcting issues as they pop up. Even if you wanted to avoid Chinese made stuff you would not be able to.

At the end of the day though it's really disappointing that MV is engaging in this practice. One of the things that appeals to me so much about these bikes is the idea that they are hand crafted and a lot of love and passion goes into the manufacture process. At the end of the day I want to own a bike that was built to be "the best" not built around a price tag and profit margin.

I have pretty much stopped buying many new products because of this. Most of my cars and bikes were hand made and were built before the business people started pouring "filler" into the recipe to maximize profits.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, thanks for the chat guys. So back to the wheels, I never knew Brembo were involved in the making of some of the F4 wheels. I bet is some owners on here had a look at there wheels they might be surprised.
The embosment is easy to locate on the front wheels, it's located on one of the spokes. Like I said I can't post pictures at the moment.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Was kind of curious and also felt bad for hijacking the thread with my China rant. :)

Here are some photos of the wheels on my 2002 F4 Diamante. The wheels are off of a 1000cc but I don't know the year. The front wheel has a CRC logo and the rear wheel on the inside has a Brembo stamping.

Front

Rear

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Hi rchase, yes they are. Here are some pictures of my own wheels and posted using my brothers Chinese made Apple imac :naughty:
Thanks Brando
Heh heh. My Imac was made in China too. Certain things you just can't avoid Chinese manufacture on. :)

Do you have a CRC logo and a Brembo logo on the front wheel and the rear wheel? I did not check all of my spokes as it's up on it's rear stand and I did not want to move it. Just curious.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, yes there is also a CRC crest on the front of my wheel to. So Brembo and CRC on both.
Looking at your Brembo crest on your rear wheel in your picture, nu numbers are similar as you can see from my pictures. Brando

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
It's still chucking it down in St Albans and we're still quite a bit away from biking weather and the last bike showroom I visited was a Triumph dealer for the new 675 launch..

Come on Sunshine, get your finger out and start warming up the UK..
i feel for you John........

a few wispy clouds to the north.....and its 70F/21C, i'm off for a bicycle ride at the beach:drummer:

Cheers

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
A 100 mile ride through the mountains of Connemara in Biblical rain conditions..One bike, one rider the mountains and all that nature could unleash...The most memorable ride I ever did,,,The fair weather days...forgotten in a mist of blandness...Bring on the weather...

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Okay, so Brando should be up to pace now.
CRC - you will find all over your bike Brando, I'm sure you know where that come's from.

As for the wheels, JDS put it perfectly, this applies to F4's as well as Brutale's.
Early 1000R's and 312R as well as 910R's had/have Brembo stickers on their rims.
Brembo owns Marchesini.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Brembo owns Marchesini.
Right Dons! And Marchesini is the producer of wheels and Brembo the leader in brake components. Every Brembo wheel is made by Marchesini.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
"It's Grim Up North"

i feel for you John........

a few wispy clouds to the north.....and its 70F/21C, i'm off for a bicycle ride at the beach:drummer:

Cheers
Sorry Noel, just noticed your reply..

It's got worse over here since I last posted on this thread.. We are now 7" deep with snow and minus 4 Drgs. It's even worse up North in the UK ..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts