MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have replaced the pathetic sounding original horn with a much louder electromagnetic one as used in cars.

Unfortunately I can’t find any space for the new larger horn other that at the top of the front radiator. There is a danger of the front mudguard hitting it should i go over a pothole or bump when the front shocks get very
compressed.

Has anyone else replaced theirs in a better location? Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have never thought about replacing the horn. As a safety feature, it would be a good idea. The light bar is a safety feature for mine where you put the horn. It required grinding the light bracket so the fork gap would not compromise the forks.

Attachments

Reactions: sarje88

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
Stebel makes a horn that is air driven and waterproof and is very loud. I have the chrome version on my Monster S4Rs. Amazing piece of gear.

DSC_2817c.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bought a waterproof horn and relocated it here. It is just a tad too big such that the side grey panel touches the horn. I placed some tape over the contact area and removed the grommet for the push-in plug at the bottom of the panel for more room. I then pushed in a rubber washer to hold the plug in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is the grommet I had to remove. I guess the trick is to buy a smaller horn but I think they are all about the same size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts