MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My most pressing concern is my Gear Position sensor isn't reading.

I have a few other problems that may or may not be related, my Horn Doesn't work and my Brake light doesn't work for my rear brake although, my brake light does work with my front brake.

Also, the bringing down the KickStand does not turn off the engine while it is in gear.

**My Gear position was working yesterday Until after I changed my quick-shift sensor last night, now my gear positioning is no longer reading.

The connectors that are visible on the side of the bike all are connected. Perhaps rearranging the wires to get out the old sensor and replace in the new somehow created a problem I can't see?

**Update, sometimes the bike reads the position of the gearing for a while when initial turned on for a while then fails shortly.

Or maybe the sensor just failed that very night, but what are the odds?

Any, insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
loose ground wire somewhere. heck the wiring diagram to see if there is a common point for those circuits

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check your fuses, I pulled one for a track day that said it did horn, rear brake and intermittence. I had all sorts of issues like you described. I replaced the fuse and unplugged my rear brake lights and all was resolved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts