MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I have an electrical issue with my year 2000 F4 750, I am connecting the battery back into the bike for the summer season and although the key is not in the ignition
when I connect the battery to the leads the indicators come on ( Not Flashing ) and the spyball alarm starts making a low noise from the speaker. There is 12v draw on the latch circuit
but the latch relay tests fine. I am thinking that the alarm has failed. Anyone seen this before before I start cutting out the alarm.
Glenn

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Check the polarity of your connections. The battery lies on its side with the negative pole forward. Many have connected the battery in reverse polarity which hurts electrical components.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double checked the polarity and it's OK. Have replaced one at a time all relays from a spare harness that I have and problem still exists!
I am pretty sure that it is a fault on the spyball alarm which has been on the bike since it was new. Glenn

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think to have any alarm on a bike for 18 years without issues is good going Glenn. I'm not a fan of alarms on bikes. I had a Datatool S4 on my F4 when I got it and it caused me nothing but grief. I have no idea if the alarm is the root cause of your problems but I'd wager its a good starting point to disconnect it and see if all returns to normal.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
The last thing I'd check, before removing the alarm, is to make sure that ALL of the wires are connected to the CORRECT battery terminals.

There have been cases of missed grounds, or incorrectly attached wires.

The parts diagram, or the electrical section of the manual can help with determining correct wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts