MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what's going on here so maybe some of you folks can enlighten me. Took the Brutale for a service, the mechanic tells me that the headlight wont go off, even with the ignition off and the key out. According to him the black box is shot and needs replaced. He tells me a quick fix is to remove a fuse to stop the headlight being on all the time when I'm not riding the bike and to put it back in when I am. Got the bike back with the fuse out, bike starts, runs perfectly and headlight works as it should. I haven't put the fuse back in and as he says the headlight goes off when the bike is switched off.

I'm at a loss to know what this fuse does and why the bike does as it should without it in. Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like spu unit same with mine picked it up sat/day got home switched off and h/light was flashing on and off 400 plus euros

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Yep....SPU...aka CDI....aka "Black Box".....fuses and relays that control everything.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
+ 1

Search on SPU and you'll find the related threads

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 time I had some funky things going on with my headlight and directionals.... I took out every fuse and sprayed a little WD40 on those funky fuse connectors and reinstalled all the fuses. Also, I make sure to keep the bike on the Battery Tender.

also check your grounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts