MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I have got a problem with my F4 lights on the tail.
The tail light inside the breaking light (red) and number plate light (white) do not work when I turn on the engine. The front light works fine.
So ich checked under the passenger seat if the wires are connected and lamps are broken but they are ok. When I lock the bike and turn on the Parking Mode with the key, the Tail light AND the number plate lighting work! this picture I took in parking mode

Breaking light works fine, but if I do not break, no lights is on at the tail at all.

I checked the 7 switch fuses on the left for one of them being burned, but they all looked ok.

I need both these lights working when the engine is running, because otherwise I will not be able to register and ride my Bike in Germany.

I do not know what it is and need help to fix it so I can finally have a ride with my MV:f4:

·
Registered
661 Posts
just a guess, start with the ignition cylinder, the circuit is not completing when the key is in the run position of the ignition cylinder. I say this because when you put the cylinder in parking position the tail lights work. Good luck

·
Registered
179 Posts
this happened to mine.... its the wire that goes into the ignition below the key on the left hand side... start the bike and reach down and wiggle the wire a little, u will find the lights will start working again.... with mine u just had to pull up on the wire a little and the lights worked fine so i just put a zip tie around it until i could have it adjusted by the dealer

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Excellent find!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts