MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
electrical problem no.2 - I hadn't ridden my brutale for a couple of weeks, so I went for a spin "around the block." As I pulled up to a stoplight, she quit. After several attempts to start, I gave up and pushed her to a sidewalk while I found a way home (no phone!) to get my trailer. Once I returned and set up the ramp, tie downs, etc... I gave one more try. Of course, she started right up. Now, I won't ride her.

Some may remember when she wanted to start with the key off after a wash a few months ago. Any suggestions?? Is this going to be one of those problems the dealer can't fix unless it happens at the dealership...which never happens?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Aaron,

Never happened to me on the Brute, but this has happened with my S3. The solution there was to hit the kill switch to remove all power and for a firmware reload. Did you try this, by chance? Does not happen on the S3 often but I know what to do when it does...

·
Registered
503 Posts
When you say "attempts to start" do you mean it would crank but not fire or would the starter not engage at all? Were you in neutral or trying to start in gear with the clutch disengaged?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
My bike had the electrical gremlins ONCE. My buddy flipped his bike coming to a stop too quick.

When we were going to leave, the bike didn't want to start, just kept trying, but never turned over....when it did, it wouldn't even idle. Think muscle car with a really lopey idle that needs tweaking...smelled of gas too.

It did this for like the 1st three tries. So when I decided I'de just try to ride it home on the next start and just keep the rpms up when I come to a stop, "vroom" she started right up and ran like normal. Really wierd....hasn't happened since, but sure as hell scared the hell out of me. I would have somewhat expected that if MY bike flipped, but I was just a bystander....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SteveC said:
Hey Aaron,

Never happened to me on the Brute, but this has happened with my S3. The solution there was to hit the kill switch to remove all power and for a firmware reload. Did you try this, by chance? Does not happen on the S3 often but I know what to do when it does...
I haven't tried anything. I don't want to ride it and be stuck somewhere, or worse, lose power during a pass or something. I'm just going to take it in for service and hope they can find it. When I mentioned it to the dealer, yesterday, they just stated that they "hope" it shows up again. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrisBrutale said:
Does the battery light come on when it stops?
All the warning lights came on when it died. When I tried to start it, it would barely crank, as if it was losing battery power.

·
Registered
822 Posts
txbagman said:
All the warning lights came on when it died. When I tried to start it, it would barely crank, as if it was losing battery power.
I would check your battery terminals, that could be caused by a simple loose connection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A buddy recently suggested that, too, as it happened to his BMW. I forgot about it until this morning...I think we were drinking heavily when the converstion took place. Thanks.

For the record...I like the windscreen. I'm tired of being "pulled off' too. It's my next purchase.

·
Registered
822 Posts
txbagman said:
A buddy recently suggested that, too, as it happened to his BMW. I forgot about it until this morning...I think we were drinking heavily when the converstion took place. Thanks.

For the record...I like the windscreen. I'm tired of being "pulled off' too. It's my next purchase.
Word..:smoking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts