MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks I've been an MV owner and forum user for eight great years but as of saturday I will no longer be an MV owner .
I had a new 920 which was a great bike, rode it to Italy and did about 13,000 miles on her absolutely trouble free .

Traded her in for a new B3 800 Italia, a truly gorgeous bike . Had her four years and loved every minute of it . Didn't do mega miles 8600 . But had another bike to use at the time . I lavished her with a load of extra's as she deserved it .
Original battery and sprag! No problems at all 100% perfect .

I would have had another but unfortunately MV's are out of my price range now as the prices have gone up and up .

Pick up a Triumph street triple RS on saturday. I had one in 2007 when they first came out , great little bike . She went so I could have the first MV.
Who knows what the future will bring but I hope another MV is in there somewhere!

Thanks
Colin.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well folks I've been an MV owner and forum user for eight great years but as of Saturday I will no longer be an MV owner.
I had a new 920 which was a great bike, rode it to Italy and did about 13,000 miles on her absolutely trouble free.

Traded her in for a new B3 800 Italia, a truly gorgeous bike. Had her four years and loved every minute of it. Didn't do mega miles 8600. But had another bike to use at the time. I lavished her with a load of extra's as she deserved it.
Original battery and sprag! No problems at all 100% perfect .

I would have had another but unfortunately, MV's are out of my price range now as the prices have gone up and up.

Pick up a Triumph street triple RS on Saturday. I had one in 2007 when they first came out, great little bike. She went so I could have the first MV.
Who knows what the future will bring but I hope another MV is in there somewhere!

Thanks
Colin.
Colin you have left the elite to join the masses, shame on you:wink2:

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Do you feel you just HAVE to get a new bike routinely??? Why not save the cash and continue to enjoy your MV Italia ??? It is still a beautiful bike that performs as well as anything else out there. And you said she is still a low mileage bike.

I just don't understand downgrading just to have a new bike????

I know, this is too late.....just thinking on the key pad after re-reading the post.

Cheers.

Reactions: NicholasF4

·
Registered
425 Posts
I understand wanting the Triumph. It is a bike I have thrown my leg over, but when you really love a great bike, like your Brutale, why not hold on to it?

The resale on the Brutale is probably not good, like my Turismo. I have KTM dirt bikes, but if I ever get the bug to get another street bike, I will keep the Turismo, and enjoy both.

I would love to have the F3, Butale RR, and my Turismo.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you feel you just HAVE to get a new bike routinely??? Why not save the cash and continue to enjoy your MV Italia ??? It is still a beautiful bike that performs as well as anything else out there. And you said she is still a low mileage bike.

I just don't understand downgrading just to have a new bike????

I know, this is too late.....just thinking on the key pad after re-reading the post.

Cheers.
Brembo M50's, Ohlins shock & Showa BPF forks are all a considerable upgrade over the MV . The TFT dash is something else!

·
Registered
637 Posts
If i was buying a naked bike that was under 1000cc this would be the one i would go with also!... and it is not as common as people might think, at least in my riding,.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Congrats Colin! While I appreciate Ed's sentiment about keeping the Italia, I also enjoy trying new things. Enjoy, but don't feel like you can't continue to hang around this forum.

Reactions: doggy

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Brembo M50's, Ohlins shock & Showa BPF forks are all a considerable upgrade over the MV . The TFT dash is something else!
You get all those things on an Aprilia Tuono too (except Sachs forks RR version or Ohlins RF version) and 175 bhp to boot! :wink2:

I was close to buying another MV but at the moment I'm happy with what I have in the garage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Of the 12 bikes I’ve had my ‘09 ST3 was my favorite. I rode an RS recently and it’s pretty damn awesome. Lots of cool stuff on it. I’m sure you’ll love it!!!! If I didn’t want another Supersport I likely would have bought the RS myself.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first MV

Italia

The new RS

I still have one Italian in the garage .
monster 796

1 - 11 of 11 Posts