1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Get pictures Ralf!!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
There was some noise around the announcement of the SCS on the TV. Maybe a new 4 cylinder roadster?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Good call!

A couple of the 2019 Honda Fireblade for me, and an Indian FTR 1200 for @Black_Gold_Saw would be well appreciated too!0:)
I can get you guys plenty of pictures of the FTR 1200 if there are specifics you are wondering about. That is, assuming you are asking me about released content.:wink2:

Two of my EU team members are going to EICMA for team building. I'll be bugging them to get some pictures of the MV display and that funny looking new Yamaha with the two front wheels.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Not gonna lie, with my spine problems the F3 isnt the best choice I made. Losing 20-30KG would be handy aswell.. ;) So the FTR1200 could be a bike I can see myself trade in the F3 for.
Beautiful bike to look at, just needs some mods though to make it look more like the prototype.
I'll definitely visit an Indian dealer to have a look at it.

Knowing the person that I am that I love to stick to what is my first purchase, it probably wont happen though haha.
I love me some F3 babeh!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not gonna lie, with my spine problems the F3 isnt the best choice I made. Losing 20-30KG would be handy aswell.. ;) So the FTR1200 could be a bike I can see myself trade in the F3 for.
Beautiful bike to look at, just needs some mods though to make it look more like the prototype.
I'll definitely visit an Indian dealer to have a look at it.

Knowing the person that I am that I love to stick to what is my first purchase, it probably wont happen though haha.
I love me some F3 babeh!
There is definitely more of an upright and ergo friendly seating position on the FTR. It's not far from my Brutale if you've ever ridden one of those. It was a good height for me but for sure throw your leg over one and make sure it's comfortable for you. I will say that the seat feels wider than the Brutale so I'm sure it will feel much wider than your F3.

It was a nightmare trying to get seat time on any bike at EICMA when I went. There are tons of people looking to get pictures on every bike and squeezing all of the levers and nodding their heads in approval haha.

On a side note, as much as I don't want to talk you out of buying an Indian, doing more core exercises will do wonders for your back and riding comfort. I herniated a disc 4-5 years ago and after incorporating more core exercises into my weekly routine I haven't had back pain in a long time. This was after they gave me a cortisone shot and I was recovering.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hmm no news is bad news, really hope they have some new bikes to get us interested in the brand again. The design of the new 4 cylinder engine is what I am most interested in. Hope its not just a re-hash of the current engine. Also don't want to wait another year to see it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
From my understanding MV would show a new 1000cc 4 cylinder this year.
In 2020 a Neo classic cafe and 2021/2022 new F4 1000cc hybrid 300hp of a beast.

Some article earlier this year said they'd show 4 new models.
Well... lets count what we got. We got shown the Brutale 800 Lewis Hamilton (monaco F1 GP), Dragster RR Pirelli(Few weeks back), Turismo Veloce SCS(Summer 2018), 1000cc 4 cylinder? EICMA???

·
Registered
79 Posts
You might be correct, I thought the dates was a year later... But I’m getting old, sonmy memory is a bit special (according to my wife)...

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're correct. They are looking at starting manufacture in April 2019 for deliveries rolling out in May. I'm told the 1000 Brutale will be at EICMA.

·
Registered
116 Posts
by whom, NL importer?

UK importer who'd apparently just had a conversation with the factory so you'd like to think there's some truth in there
I've booked up to go to EICMA mainly to see the new Brutale so will be mightily disappointed if the bike is a no show

1 - 20 of 60 Posts