MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Mike you've got to forgive and forget ..

John,

I heard its a boost of 10HP and a add on of some more electronics nothing really different. I cant find anything on the net and I had read one article that said the change would be for the 2014 model...But Im patiently waiting!
Al.. Yeah that's exactly what the 2012 RSV4 was lacking, more bhp and a few more electronics :wtf:.. Seriously the old RSV4 is a rocket ship with enough gadgets and gizmos to keep James Bond happy for a fortnight..

I was hoping Aprilia would update the front of the fairing and headlight design, and maybe come out with a new paint scheme.. I've always been a massive fan of the rear tailunit on the RSV4 ever since its launch, but thought the front end wasn't as pretty as the old model it was replacing..

Without doubt the RSV4 and BMW 1000 are the kings of the superbike worlds, but in my opinion they both just lack that final finish in the looks dept..

Looking forward to 2014 for this new RSV4 and to see what they come up with in the new design. To date I still think the F3 Oro is the nicest looking bike on the market..

RSV4 has ABS for next year, larger tank is the only give away to get the pump underneath.

KTM?? you know my opinion on them? nearly went on the stand then said ''why am I going onto a stand for a bike I said I would never look at ever again after my SDR''
Mike .. Sounds like you've got a touch of the MVista's coming on :laughing: ( Rob you know I'm only joking and playfully trying to wind up Mike )..

Mate you've got to get over that old KTM fling you had with the SDR and move on... Every brand has produced something in the past that just didn't work as it was meant too.. Bike history is littered with examples.. I bet Chris at X Bikes with a bit of experimenting and a lot of burning the midnight oil could have improved the SDR throttle issue...

I like the Streetfighter look and that prototype that KTM has just produced hits the spot with me.. Have you checked out the vid on Youtube Mike ?

What is the last 2 pictures about Mike ?.. Is the exposed frame picture a naked 1199 ?..

Keep the pics coming :yo:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
One of the last two is indeed a Panigale frame on the stand of the company who cast what seems like all of the Italian motorcycle castings and BMW inc Ducati/MV/Aprilia etc frames/swingarms/engine.

Other pic is a CRS bike, just different enough in their design to be looked at :)

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Cheers Mike... I like looking at different types of bike designs and appreciate the workmanship that goes into these one off's

With regards to the 1199 frame set up, my gut feeling is that Ducati might struggle to achieve the success they had with their previous trellis frame bikes..

The 1199 frame is vaguely based around their Moto GP bike and look how well they did with that concept.. Audi have asked for a completely new frame design for the 2013 Moto GP bikes and there must be a reason behind this new direction..

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
KTM left a real bad taste John, I didn't even think it handled that well, it wanted to stand up mid corner for any reason it could find, front/rear suspension did not seem matched at all, and that throttle, a light switch has a more linear operation :jsm:

I really wish that MCN had crucified the thing (along what they did to the F3 maybe) If they had done that perhaps the KTM would have become a better bike in the same way the F3 did?

CRS are different enough to have a good close look at, don't know whether I would invest though

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Just love the last pic best of all Mike, showing that bloke with a big lens taking a close up pic of the tarts ass!!

:naughty:
Ade
We must of been the only ones which noticed this.

Nice looking bikes. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
A Funny Thing happened......

Looking forward to 2014 for this new RSV4 and to see what they come up with in the new design. To date I still think the F3 Oro is the nicest looking bike on the market..

Mike .. Sounds like you've got a touch of the MVista's coming on :laughing: ( Rob you know I'm only joking and playfully trying to wind up Mike )..

Don't worry Johnny my sense of humour by-pass didn't take* I'll have to go back in for another go, I mean after all it's been paid for!!!

*Disclaimer - does not apply to MV Agusta or anything related to MV Agusta - perhaps I am entitled to only a partial refund :stickpoke

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Ade
We must of been the only ones which noticed this.

Nice looking bikes. Thanks for the pictures.
I have to confess to not noticing the bloke in the background (with the camera)......as I was too mesmerised by that stunning girl in the photo.... boy is she pretty!.....bikes?..what bikes!!! :)
Brian.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
...as did I. (I'd like to see the picture!)

·
Registered
653 Posts
It really looks like Juan with the camera.

I want the tank top, and the Brutale with the red/white/blue color scheme. I love that blue....so much nicer than the prior year.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It really looks like Juan with the camera.

I want the tank top, and the Brutale with the red/white/blue color scheme. I love that blue....so much nicer than the prior year.
That was a truly sweet looking bike, it's the 1090RR.

I sat on it and for me (I think I have 10 to 2 feet) I found the RH footrest very awkward to keep my feet on, I have the same issue with the Ducati Streetfighter:

PS: That ' tank top' I have that at home :jsm::jsm: :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
EICMA MV photo Nirvana.

Well at least from this years show. Several F3 specials I’ve not seen before plus some candid shots. This is Klaus Nahr’s Flickr account. He also has a website and links to other older photos.
Click on the link below and then on “Newer” to progress through the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/klausnahr/8144143541/in/photostream/

Enjoy, I did. :mouthwate

Thanks Klaus, you rock! :drummer:

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Some great pictures and interesting stuff.. Cheers for posting the link Stephen..

These few pics caught my eye.

Interesting Steering damper electronics.

Interesting foot peddle rubber.

Wonderful update design on the 2013 F4 Slash Tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Al.. Yeah that's exactly what the 2012 RSV4 was lacking, more bhp and a few more electronics :wtf:.. Seriously the old RSV4 is a rocket ship with enough gadgets and gizmos to keep James Bond happy for a fortnight..

I was hoping Aprilia would update the front of the fairing and headlight design, and maybe come out with a new paint scheme.. I've always been a massive fan of the rear tailunit on the RSV4 ever since its launch, but thought the front end wasn't as pretty as the old model it was replacing..

Without doubt the RSV4 and BMW 1000 are the kings of the superbike worlds, but in my opinion they both just lack that final finish in the looks dept..

Mate you've got to get over that old KTM fling you had with the SDR and move on... Every brand has produced something in the past that just didn't work as it was meant too.. Bike history is littered with examples.. I bet Chris at X Bikes with a bit of experimenting and a lot of burning the midnight oil could have improved the SDR throttle issue...

I like the Streetfighter look and that prototype that KTM has just produced hits the spot with me.. Have you checked out the vid on Youtube Mike ?

What is the last 2 pictures about Mike ?.. Is the exposed frame picture a naked 1199 ?..

Keep the pics coming :yo:

Def hope they do something on the paint job. Idk i like the whole look and have become a huge fan of the chopped tail look like the RSV and new Duc. I know the Ape has the electronics market nailed down but i thought they were adding soething else but cant remember if 2013 paint scheme changes for the better i dont think i could wait for 2014 to come along.

·
Registered
19 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts