MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the interest of educating some of the modern MV riders, and quite possibly those with classic MVs, I ask the following question: what does emmevi mean?

It appears on many MV Agusta motorbikes either on the seat, as per my avatar, on the rubber foot-pegs or handlebar grips and even stamped on exhaust pipes. It would also be a great custom number plate or at least I think so.

And if you do know the answer then what is the correct pronunciation

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
MV is pronounced in Italian as emmevu. Emmevi is pretty close to that and I think they thought it looks more stylish with an "i" instead of an "u". But emmevi You knew that and You just want to test us, didn't You ?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I just figured M in Italian was pronounced ema, and V pronounced vee. Emmevi. Wastsa matta fuh you?

CAG

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I just thought about it again by looking at old brochures and Parts Catalogues. EMMEVI was the Telegraph Adress for Part Orders etc. So might the "I" stands than simply for Italy.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
haupti said:
I just thought about it again by looking at old brochures and Parts Catalogues. EMMEVI was the Telegraph Adress for Part Orders etc. So might the "I" stands than simply for Italy.
Well that is interesting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts