MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ECU studio 5.0 software automatically updated to 6.0, and I tried to edit my fuel maps. But because its a newer version my license is now not valid and now my ECU is bricked. This happened the last time ECU updated the software and older license is not compatible. Use to get support right away when emailed Arron. Does ECU studio still answers emails?

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
I believe they were purchased by another company..... that could explain delays. Some research will be needed.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yep still going, ECU Studio did merge and that went badly, so support is taking longer, Have you emailed [email protected]? Include the ECU-Studio.log file from C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\ECU Studio (paste this into explorer). That will let them see what happened, and proves you are not trying to scam a licence :) (believe me people do :confused:)

My ECU Studio is at 6.0 and I had no issues, but then again not all systems are the same as I am on the Pro.

Your ECU wont be bricked, that's a very difficult thing to do, and I cant think of a single Eldor I've heard has been bricked. If you can't read the ECU, e.g failed flash then the bootloader will still work. V5 V6 etc is the PC program not the ECU bootloader etc. Once you have a valid licence, then you will be able to talk and recover the ECU.

What happened?
If you modified tables Offline (disconnected from ECU), when you went to flash it would say no licence and not flash. Or did it start to flash and then fail during the flash?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This happened when I tried to flash, I followed the prompts like usual then the message came up if I wanted a new license. This is not the first time I had problems. Whenever there is a major Windows or ECU Studio update I have a problem. Arron usually gets me going real quick, not now. I have sent my log file and still waiting on a reply

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@dansoarr I got a new license and did steps similar to what you described, doing it offline now no license. Created a support ticket. I got a reply "no license, do you want to use one" click yes from ECU Studio support and my ticket is now closed. Support is no help, to get a reply I needed to open a new ticked every time they reply to the old one because they only reply one time for every ticket.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bought at Version 6.0 and it took months to get the full setup with quickshifter specific to my F4RR. The shifter is Cordona peg mounted and works simply awesome!. Once I got used to the quirks of the program, it works great and solved several issues on my bike including fine tuning the shift action, activating and tuning blipper, fan temp for commuting, EXUP valve. I say keep emailing and submit online ticket as well. The curator must be very busy of late. I did not trust at first but ECU Studio is legit! My experience has been almost too good to be true as this brought my bike to better than new spec, especially activation of blipper, which has always been a capability of the ECU

·
Registered
Dragster RR
100 Posts
Yes same here, I had an issue at first and it did take a while but they sorted it out very well in the end.
They are very busy I would imagine as I think they do other stuff too, and as their one of only a few that supports MV we need allow for the way they work.

Sorry that doesn't help your wait though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got ECU Studio to work after remote session. I also know why, its because ECU Studio requires you to be online to flash. I used to flash offline not anymore. I asked if I coudl flash when testing at remote area, support said if you lose connection you lose license and you are stuck. So no race track edit unless you have 100% network connection. If your network cuts off during flash you lose your license. I dont know if its the same for the Pro Version

1 - 8 of 8 Posts