MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ended up going back to stock ROM 0913J005 because it has better mid range (possibly due to exhaust valve being enabled).

The Mv race map 0913JK05 does have more high rpm drive but loses the awesome mid range of the stock motor.
Hmmm...now im unsure what map to use again. I have a 2015 Dragster RR and I dont see an exhaust servo on my bike anywhere...was the exhaust servo implemented on the 2016 model? Will running a map from a newer bike with an exhaust valve servo cause issues? ECUS has not been responding to my inquiries.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You got a Euro 3 bike what ist absolutely different from Euro 4 Bikes that we are talking about.
You need to go for Euro 3 ROMs.
You should find a Euro 3 Racing ROM in ECUStudio

·
Registered
46 Posts
You got a Euro 3 bike what ist absolutely different from Euro 4 Bikes that we are talking about.
You need to go for Euro 3 ROMs.
You should find a Euro 3 Racing ROM in ECUStudio
I thought they said that the update to a Euro 4 sprag also required the SW to be updated to Euro 4 version as well. Is that incorrect? Do I still need a Euro 3 SW (just the latest version of it)?

·
Registered
Dragster RR
125 Posts
You need to allow time when dealing with ECUS as this is pretty normal. They will reply though.

I think there was only one map for a race can for my Dragster (2016). There was lots of other maps but not for this bike.

There are no exhaust valve on these bikes. So I would stick with the ones for your bike. I would be interested if you try the others though...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Woke up this morning and checked my email hoping to find a response from ECUS on my ROM query. Instead I found a refund from ECUS and a message that they are out of parts and can't source anything to build up set anytime soon :( Not the news I was hoping for - that puts me back into "portage to Chicago" for a ECU update camp again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hmmm...now im unsure what map to use again. I have a 2015 Dragster RR and I dont see an exhaust servo on my bike anywhere...was the exhaust servo implemented on the 2016 model? Will running a map from a newer bike with an exhaust valve servo cause issues? ECUS has not been responding to my inquiries.
Exhaust valve was added in Euro 4 2020 model. Mv calls it 'exhaust control actuator'
EB MV Store - G14 - Exhaust System

·
Registered
675 Posts
My 2018 model got the exhaust valve too.
But I changed the header for a Euro 3 one without the valve, larger diameters and less restrictive cat.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ignition of the RC has some strange values in comparison to the standard one.
Standard is linear, RC not.

I tested the RC ignition map but will go back to standard. Do not trust it.
Didn't feel a difference (but it was in the wet)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ignition of the RC has some strange values in comparison to the standard one.
Standard is linear, RC not.

I tested the RC ignition map but will go back to standard. Do not trust it.
Didn't feel a difference (but it was in the wet)
yeah those values are not even close to each other. do you still have access to a dyno ?
a dyno run will confirm the air fuel ignition ratio for sure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i removed my gpr slip on exhaust and installed the original oem exhaust today.

wow the throttle response was perfect with stock exhaust. super strong acceleration.

this proves that even a slip on exhaust needs a proper dyno mapping performed.

sadly there is no dyno shop around me.

·
Registered
2019 Burutale 800 RR
25 Posts
i removed my gpr slip on exhaust and installed the original oem exhaust today.

wow the throttle response was perfect with stock exhaust. super strong acceleration.

this proves that even a slip on exhaust needs a proper dyno mapping performed.

sadly there is no dyno shop around me.
That is exactly what I felt when I went back to the original exhaust and RC non-race ROM file.
I am interested in Dragster's RC Eoro4/Euro5 mapping.
Did you compare cherche's ignition timing and yours?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I went back from QD exhaust with dB eaters in to a Euro3 F3 exhaust.
Feels like 20 hp more. Very good throttle response, very smooth.
Did not change my mapping - the extreme increase in power is just the exhaust itself.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts