MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

There is a lot of talk about ECU Studio on this forum, but rarely down to the nitty gritty details of its capabilites or specific maps people are running. Is it down to trade secrets? :) If not, feel free to share your custom F3 ROMs and what sort of parts your bike runs, so others can have a look for inspiration/comparison/learning.

I recently aquired an ECU Studio unit and license myself, but have yet to fiddle much with it, as I will replace my headers and hopefully get a professional tuner to perform the adjustments needed.

Before I get to that I would want to see if there are any quick and dirty fixes I can apply to my bike to make it run more smooth in the lower RPMs. Ideas?
There seems to be some variations from ROM to ROM which functionality is available. I have received a SW-version PK14 rom from ECU Studio which apparently is the "right" one for my F3 800 RC as a base, and if I recall correcly I could not find settings like Fuel cut-off or O2 sensor >enable/disable in that rom.
I will post the full list of available functionality tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey guys,

There is a lot of talk about ECU Studio on this forum, but rarely down to the nitty gritty details of its capabilites or specific maps people are running. Is it down to trade secrets? :) If not, feel free to share your custom F3 ROMs and what sort of parts your bike runs, so others can have a look for inspiration/comparison/learning.

I recently aquired an ECU Studio unit and license myself, but have yet to fiddle much with it, as I will replace my headers and hopefully get a professional tuner to perform the adjustments needed.

Before I get to that I would want to see if there are any quick and dirty fixes I can apply to my bike to make it run more smooth in the lower RPMs. Ideas?
There seems to be some variations from ROM to ROM which functionality is available. I have received a SW-version PK14 rom from ECU Studio which apparently is the "right" one for my F3 800 RC as a base, and if I recall correcly I could not find settings like Fuel cut-off or O2 sensor >enable/disable in that rom.
I have a few 800 maps. But I only the main thing is that the fuel varies by country so some tunes work better than others depending on where you live. Let me know what you discover with yours.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely forgot.
Here are the settings available for adjustments for the base-ROM I was given:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm making my 2014 F3 800 a dedicated track bike. Got skins on order and I'll be placing my Ecu Studio order any day (They asked me to order at month end as they don't have stock of the QS) The moment that arrives the bike is going for exhaust work and tuning. Once I got a good setup II'll share.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm making my 2014 F3 800 a dedicated track bike. Got skins on order and I'll be placing my Ecu Studio order any day (They asked me to order at month end as they don't have stock of the QS) The moment that arrives the bike is going for exhaust work and tuning. Once I got a good setup II'll share.
please do! i did that (*2015 f3 800 turned to track only bike). got my ecu studio flash done, but have to say, since then, everything is GREAT except for i am feeling like the bike just does not pull up until 7k/8k rpm like it used to before the flash. i'm getting slaughtered on corner exit by zx6's and by r6's, even though im coming out of corners rather hot in 2nd and in FULL throttle. i only catch up to people almost at the end of the straights when the f3 really is coming alive and can brake deep due to the sublime brakes it has, but yeah, not sure what parameter to adjust in the software to make this not happen. curious to know how your bike fairs post flash. thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Looking forward to it : )
I am receiving my Zard collectors (decat) soon and will try to flash the ECU with the "Open" version of the ROM I was provided from ECU Studio for my bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received all my ecu bits for the 13 675, although when I try to flash the ecu I get an ecu too old error. I sent a note to tech support today, but thought I’d ask here to see if anyone had a similar experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts