MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you dansoarr. Im not sure if it's here where one posts all ECU studio questions, but if I want to flash my F3 using the ECU Studio kit, and remove the catalytic converter and exhaust servo motor, do I need to buy an eliminator module like the Heal Tech one? Or do I simply unplug the servo motor and tuck away the other end of the plug & cable (see pic), and flash the bike?

·
Registered
876 Posts
With ECUStudio no need for the eliminator. Just unplug the servo, remove all the bowden cables and you are done. What year is the F3? If its pre 2014 then keep the connector handy as you might need it for the feed to supply the quickshifer if you have the eas 1.0.

I assume you have cut out the CAT and removed the exhaust valve from the exhaust.

Just be sure to flash with a race or kit rom, otherwise you will get the exhaust valve error.

·
Registered
144 Posts
With ECUStudio no need for the eliminator. Just unplug the servo, remove all the bowden cables and you are done. What year is the F3? If its pre 2014 then keep the connector handy as you might need it for the feed to supply the quickshifer if you have the eas 1.0.

I assume you have cut out the CAT and removed the exhaust valve from the exhaust.

Just be sure to flash with a race or kit rom, otherwise you will get the exhaust valve error.
Thanks for the info! Super helpful. Its a 2015 with the EAS 2.0 shifter, so should be ok for unlocking the blipper (as far as I understand it). And indeed the CAT is coming out asap, as well as the exhaust valve. Time is on all our hands these days so getting to all this now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use VMware for my virtual machines and a mate of mine uses them on his Mac, don't know if the dongle would work correctly. I think you will need to download a trial and check, as I recall ECUStudio will run on any laptop running WIN10, even the lowest spec out there, so long as it has 2 USB ports. Might be an option off flee bay, at least you know that it will work correctly.
Installed VMware Fusion (trail version for 30 days) and set it up as Windows 10 Pro. Downloaded the exe file from ECU Studio, but when I run the file, I simply get this error (pic)
without any note on why. Any idea why that would be? Is it that I chose Win 10 Pro?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use win10 pro.

Did you have the dongle in?

·
Registered
144 Posts
@dansoarr from Ecu Studio :
"With the last versions of ECU Studio it's not possible to run it in a virtual machine. This is due to some restrictions that Microsoft keeps adding with every W10 update, this doesn't really depend on us."

Aaah Microsoft, thank you!! This seems to be the problem. Not sure what to do. Is buying a used cheap Windows laptop to run specifically the app the solution then? @ECU Studio can you advise please?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts