MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A big hello to all our existing and future customers.

A brief introduction, we are ECU Studio®. Firstly our web address is www.ecustudio.com

We are based in Italy & Spain, where all our R&D, manufacturing and our workshop is based, our technical support team are based within Italy and the United Kingdom. We first started working on MV Agusta motorcycle ECU's in 2013. It’s not a company policy but everyone here owns an MV, be it a Brutale, F3 or F4.

ECU Studio, is a Windows based platform and comes with an interface which via USB connects to the Diagnostics connector on the bike. We don’t support Mac’s although we have customers running them via a virtual machine.

The software is kept secure by a dongle (USB key). This is required for the software to run. You can install the program on as many PC’s as you like, there is no restriction. The software is coded to your dongle, so keep it safe!

The software comes with a licence to flash one ECU, if you want to flash another ECU of the same model, all you need another licence. When you flash an ECU for the first time the licence is stored in the ECU. This means that anyone, a dealer or friend with ECU Studio can work on your ECU as the ECU is licenced.

We suggest you regularly connect to the internet to get updates, but it’s important to say that you don’t need an internet connection to use ECU Studio. Last thing we want is for an internet issue to stop you solving a problem or working on your bike.

Our aim with our software is to make the ECU as accessible and maintainable as the rest of the mechanics. It’s true that you need to learn to be able to tune correctly, but if you just want a blipper or change the temperature that the fans turn on, everyone can do this. As you are reading this, you can use a PC, so you should be able to flash a bike.

Can I damage the ECU by flashing it? In short, not with us, it’s true things can go wrong, a cable might break while you are loading a new ROM and it will be corrupted. Due to the methods and safeguards we put in place, the ECU is always re-bootable, it will come up with an error (as its corrupt), but we can simply flash the ROM again.

Anyway enough for a first post, we look forward to your questions and lookout for any special offers and announcements from us.
One last thing, we can answer questions here, but technical issues and assistance needs to be handled via our support system ECU Studio - Tech support, otherwise our engineers will spend all day on the internet!

Any questions just shout.

·
Vendor
5,213 Posts
Aaron,I own a F4 1078 2009 model.
The bike has the 5SM race ECU.
Can I turn the cooling fans on earlier using your software.
If possible what do I need from you.
It is only the fan temp I want to change nothing else.
Thanks Mitch.

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Technical Support
All of our technical support is handled from Europe, we already support users all across the globe. We run a support ticket system that can be accessed via our technical support page ECU Studio - Tech support which ensures that we can track, monitor and resolve technical queries in a fast and efficient manner.

We provide manuals and quick start guides that explain the installation and flashing procedure in detail, we are also currently creating some video guides for end user support.

I've attached a copy of a Quick Start Guide and the following download links show the flashing procedure and setting up of a blipper with ECU Studio.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rthqittdbnyvwun/Intro ECU-Studio v2 HD.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmgkh36hoc83u0g/Auto_blipper_MV-F4 4k.mp4?dl=0

As this is a worldwide forum, clearly our tech support and sales runs on Central European Time, so please bear this in mind when you ask a question or want to purchase products.

·
Administrator
19,067 Posts
Aaron,I own a F4 1078 2009 model.
The bike has the 5SM race ECU.
Can I turn the cooling fans on earlier using your software.
If possible what do I need from you.
It is only the fan temp I want to change nothing else.
Thanks Mitch.
Mitchy.....contact @silentservice703. He has a guy in his area that can make changes in your 5SM.

·
Registered
876 Posts
ECU Studio is more than a simple flash or update tool, I use it for the Error and Diagnosis features too

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECU Studio is available in 2 versions, User and Pro.

The User version is designed for use by riders and end users, while the Pro version is aimed at commercial users and tuners of motorcycles.
Below is a table that explains the key differences.

The key difference is that the Pro kit gives you access to all ROM's for all Bikes that we support and the interfaces required to flash them. The Pro kit also enables the locking of tables / maps and the ability to lock the ROM to a specific VIN number.

With both versions you get free ROM updates for your bike(s) as new ROM's are released and new features added.

Both versions of the software are fully featured allowing access to the same fuelling and ignition related maps, ECU settings specific to the bike model and new features unlocked and created by ECU Studio, such as quick shifter, auto-blipper, pit lane limiter and launch control.

The process of flashing the ECU is identical in each version, allowing both the flashing of a complete ROM and the updating of only the modified maps, table or setting.

As @dansoarr said, ECU Studio is more than a simple flash or update tool, there are 4 distinct elements to the studio platform, each designed to help integrate the process of bike / ECU development and refinement:

• ECU Flash and update
• Diagnostics code readout and clearing capability
• Data logging capability of ECU parameters via the CAN Bus.
• Live Data, enabling the tuner to visualise what is happening on each map in real time during tuning.

I'll post up some screen shots soon.

·
Registered
594 Posts
When will we have the standard ROM for the Euro4 Brutale 800RR?
There has been an update recently on the standard ROM.
I'd like to have a 1:1 comparison to the racing ROM. Not available yet.

THX

I had great results by tuning the blipper / QS. OEM just has been crap.
Racing ROM did run lean on my set up (cat in).
I am now checking the timing coming from factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We used the ECU Studio map for my F3 and the bike so far is flawless. Small issue with Q/S which I am sure we will resolve and may be unrelated to the ECU. But otherwise, it's purring. Linear and smooth power delivery. Kudos!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would someone be willing to email me the ecu studio software? I have the hardware and USB dongle but they are closed for the holidays until the 5th and I was hoping to flash my ecu before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't think it will work.
IMHO your dongle is limited to software that is linked by Luca for your serial number.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
We used the ECU Studio map for my F3 and the bike so far is flawless. Small issue with Q/S which I am sure we will resolve and may be unrelated to the ECU. But otherwise, it's purring. Linear and smooth power delivery. Kudos!
What QS issues are you having?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Dangydave check your email :)

On a general note, the software is coded to a specific dongle, it's how we control the security of the software. As we ship all around the world, he had some issues with dongles getting lost in the post, while most of these were genuine, a few were not. We now only issue the software once you have the dongle safe in your hands, and why we say keep it safe, as we cant replace it.

thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Dangydave check your email ?

On a general note, the software is coded to a specific dongle, it's how we control the security of the software. As we ship all around the world, he had some issues with dongles getting lost in the post, while most of these were genuine, a few were not. We now only issue the software once you have the dongle safe in your hands, and why we say keep it safe, as we cant replace it.

thanks

Aaron
Thanks aaron, I've replied!

·
Vendor
26 Posts
When will we have the standard ROM for the Euro4 Brutale 800RR?
There has been an update recently on the standard ROM.
I'd like to have a 1:1 comparison to the racing ROM. Not available yet.

THX

I had great results by tuning the blipper / QS. OEM just has been crap.
Racing ROM did run lean on my set up (cat in).
I am now checking the timing coming from factory.

Brutale 800RR Euro4? 0908UM14? It is already available.

Please open a ticket if you didn't receive the latest update, I'll check immediately.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mac users, any recommendations on what 'virtual machine' one should buy or download? I've never done this before and need that to run the ECU Studios flash kit. Internet search yields so many results but not sure what's good and what's a waste of time . Thanks.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use VMware for my virtual machines and a mate of mine uses them on his Mac, don't know if the dongle would work correctly. I think you will need to download a trial and check, as I recall ECUStudio will run on any laptop running WIN10, even the lowest spec out there, so long as it has 2 USB ports. Might be an option off flee bay, at least you know that it will work correctly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts