MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

i´m from Germany and owner of an 2011 brutale 1090 rr since yesterday. and i feel like i´m the happiest man alive. only weather could be better so i could go for a ride. now my question.

the pre owner mounted a original mv augusta exhaust manifold on the brutale and told me his dealer updated the ECU maps for that modification.

so far so good.

now i read in different forums and on the mv homepage that usually the exhaust manifold is delivered with another ECU and not that the ECU is flashed. so i wanted to know what is in there. but the number written on it confuses me.

i can´t find anything about the number on the lable (8C00B3218) in the internet, only 8000B3218, 8A00B3218, 8B00B3218 and 8E00B3218. but this are for the 990R. and also B4Y10990... is written on the lable.

can somewone help me? is the wrong ECU in there? is it possible that the dealer has flashed the 990r ecu with a 1090 map? can another dealer find out what map is on the ECU?

thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bike is running pretty good. but between 3000 and 4000 rps it feels like the torque is too low and when engine is cold the idle speed is "shaking". so i would like to test the standard setup. and at least when i have to go to the technical control (in germany every second year) the exhaust emissions will be measured so i have to go to the old setup with cat.
so you mean the hardware of the ecu is the same, only software is different? is it possible to flash another map by my self?

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Spocki, your ECU should be a Magnetti Marelli 5SM. That ECU can be programmed with the correct software. It is adjustable by a knowledgeable technician.

That being said, the hunting at low RPM is a characteristic that can be tuned out. The ECU that comes with a deristricted (not cat) pipe is called the Race ECU and simply does away with the control of the exhaust sensor (only used below 3000rpm).

If it is running well, enjoy. If not, take it to a dyno guy who knows what he's doing and have the ECU tuned.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Found out today ,Working on Tonys 1090 rr If you do a decate you must physically unplug the electrical socket that controls the 2 wires that operate the exhaust valve ,if you don't the bike will not decelerate correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts