MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and MV bikes...have had my 04 Brutale S less than a week...first couple of days were magic. Then bad stuff...charge light came on one day. Ok fine, check the battery cables and charge the battery. Next day, charge light came on again (much further from home) and bike started to sputter and die. Towed it home...did what I could do to diagnose, and thought I narrowed it down to either the alernator or voltage regulator. Some more testing and diagnoses says...alternator is fine...putting out 14.5 volts at 3500 rpm....played around a bit with the ECU connector....put some pressure on the ECU and suddenly the battery was getting full voltage...hmmm. Is something loose in there? Now the question....continue to play or pony up the $ and order a new one. I am leaning toward a new one....cuz I want to ride. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the SPU....just placed an order with Star Twin Trading. I certainly appreciate the information on the forum related to SPU model numbers vs VIN...I am pretty sure I would have ended up with the wrong one for my 750.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just received the new SPU today from Star Twin Trading....can't wait to get my bike back on the road. Thank you MV forum and Star Twin.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Hopefully that is the fix! Let us know how it went.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that fixed it. All is good. The other issue I was experiencing was the high beam would not stay lit...now that is a thing of the past. I did find the SPU that was on the bike was the wrong one....my bike is an early VIN.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Your new SPU probably has a black back. These are an improvement on the earlier type with the blue back which was in addition to the problems with the bikes electrical functions..headlight and signals included, wasn't unknown to go up like Vesuvious herself !
I have your Avatar on my pickup truck ; )
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts