Book Now
Saturday, 18th of December, 2010
Book Now
Sunday, 19th of December, 2010
Book Now

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
September is usually a month filled with good weather so it'd be the pick if i decide to attend. I'd take the CBR1000 out.

I haven't done a track day before but i do just fine on our group gatherings.

I know i could get around the course without drama but do i need to spend $400 on one of those learner courses before i attempt a track day? If anything i only need to know the etiquette.

I'd learn more sitting behind one of you more track experienced guys than anything else IMO. Besides i have seen plenty of mentals out there in the slow group doing all the wrong things so i gather at least i have a leg up on 1/4 of the people in that group.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
171 Posts
:f4::yo:
September is usually a month filled with good weather so it'd be the pick if i decide to attend. I'd take the CBR1000 out.

I haven't done a track day before but i do just fine on our group gatherings.

I know i could get around the course without drama but do i need to spend $400 on one of those learner courses before i attempt a track day? If anything i only need to know the etiquette.

I'd learn more sitting behind one of you more track experienced guys than anything else IMO. Besides i have seen plenty of mentals out there in the slow group doing all the wrong things so i gather at least i have a leg up on 1/4 of the people in that group.

Thoughts?
Mate, its a breeze. First timers I recommend the slow group,no pressure. You get to do a few laps with a coach from Cali superbike school and they give you feedback and pointers throughout the day.
It is seriously the BEST fun. Don't be worried about ediquette, we are all there having fun and going the same direction so not too much fuss.
I have done superbike school, awesome but I would do a track day first. It is the best....

·
Registered
867 Posts
Glen,
no need to spend extra $400 on a course, trust me!!! I'm up for some of those dates my mate is booked into most of them and he does the low 1:46's on his blade trackbike, when i book i'll let you know. I normally go in the green group ( second fastest group) but for this i could go down to yellow that way your out of the complete novices and i could show anyone round that hasnt been round the creek before. Could be a great day!!

James

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looking at those date's the end of Sept or start of Oct would be good. Then maybe a few of you could come down to the island.....:stickpoke

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was there last weekend (on my Ducati), first run was a bit cold, rest of the day was good though.

I will say the MV is easier as the Ducati is giving away a good 20 - 30 hp meaning I needed to work the brakes and tyres pretty hard to keep up, makes it doubly satisfying when you pass a few though.

Seriously don't get too wound up about the track it's fun and the guys and girls are all there for some fun too. Just one thing, ride within your comfort zone!

Andrew...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Glen,
no need to spend extra $400 on a course, trust me!!! I'm up for some of those dates my mate is booked into most of them and he does the low 1:46's on his blade trackbike, when i book i'll let you know. I normally go in the green group ( second fastest group) but for this i could go down to yellow that way your out of the complete novices and i could show anyone round that hasnt been round the creek before. Could be a great day!!

James
Thanks for the input guys, it sounds like i should just give it a whirl :yo:

James, when you plan on going let me know and i'll join you. Any pointers you could give me would be excellent.

For the guys going down to PI this year, my wife and i will be riding down. We should get a group together for the ride down.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Serious Groper ,you ll be right on the track ive seen you on the road...I havent ridden my MV on the track before and are keen to see how it goes? i want be there to break any lap records but just to open the Mv up and not have to worry about cops or idiots on the road.
PI group ride

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am trying to get a few boys from melbourne to come up, have you any idea on a date?
im flexible with dates for a group track day.im off end off sept start oct?
maybe ill just check dates again and book a date and see who can make it? i should be able to organize our own MV garage :blah:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Count me in on track day James, you can babysit me too brother!

Thanks for the input guys, it sounds like i should just give it a whirl :yo:

James, when you plan on going let me know and i'll join you. Any pointers you could give me would be excellent.

For the guys going down to PI this year, my wife and i will be riding down. We should get a group together for the ride down.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sunday 3rd October works for me, or any other time in early October would work also...will be a blast! I think we need to get a little more organised. I also have some mates who can arrange some time out there for us, so let me have a look at those options. Damn it, these bikes are made to be on the track...all this road riding is boring me!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts