MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need recommendations for where to stay, and routes. I'd be trailering and staying 1-2 nights. I prefer scenic low traffic twisties w/as few adjoining roads/driveways as possible. And low law enforcement of course. Plan to ride 300-400 miles/day.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Helen, Georgia might be a good nucleus. Helen is a small Bavarian look tourist town located in the North East Georgia mountains. Go in any direction, and the roads are great. 300-400 miles of these roads will be a hand full.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Randy knows of what he speaks...or go Asheville NC for a base....stay away from the Dragon's Tail. Overrated, loaded with squids and not that much fun. Try Telico Plains TN or the Cherahola Skyway instead.
Don't speed on the Blue ridge Parkway.....they really don't like that!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Randy knows of what he speaks...or go Asheville NC for a base....stay away from the Dragon's Tail. Overrated, loaded with squids and not that much fun. Try Telico Plains TN or the Cherahola Skyway instead.
Don't speed on the Blue ridge Parkway.....they really don't like that!
+1 although the tail of the dragon is okay on a Tuesday morning about 7am. The squid count drops dramatically

·
Registered
619 Posts
Confirm that speed watch for the blue Ridge Parkway.
But the park Ranger tickets while spendy do not show up on your states data base as they are federal tickets.
Best not to speed there.:naughty:

Deals Gap/Dragons Tail is best during the week early to mid morning.
Be on the look out for RVs and large trucks!

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
643 Posts
Tickets are a major source of income for this part of the US. Their last major economic event was the shooting of "Deliverance" in '71.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is the opinion on Tn US 421 and SR 395? I too have been wanting to explore this region. I have a niece in Hopson Hollow.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts