MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to get bits and pieces of info from a few threads but nothing in one place so thought id start a new thread.

I have a 2012 F3 675 with a slipper clutch and the EAS1.0

I would like to get a blipper functionality for it.

I managed to find a EAS 2.0 sensor for it. Before I purchase it, I just want to make sure I dont end up with a too complicated a project.

Is the EAS 2.0 plug and play or does it require modification to the wiring loom or ECU for it to be installed on my 2012?

If so, any links to what I need to do?

I plan to send my ECU to ecu studio for the flashing. Is that the correct thing to do? I dont plan to purchase another ECU.

Lastly , I hear once I get the ECU flashed with the blipper functionality, I cannot update it at MV or I will loose the blipper functionality. Im really happy with my fueling at the moment, I just want the blipper functionality.

Is there any worthwhile fuel map updates for the 675 since 2014 that I should do before I send my ECU? Can I update the dash to the new layout with an update or is that hardware related? Thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi,
I think that you might need to make a small modification to the wiring. Luca at ECUstudio can help you with that. Try member @kevjayney as I helped with the reflash and I think he was an F3 with the same mod.

ECUStudio will work and give you all you need for the Blipper, as well as control over the fuelling etc. There are updates from ECUStudio when new maps are released by MV, so Luca will flash the latest map at the same time.

If you allow MV to reflash the ecu, the will over write ECUStudio, this means you will lose the Blipper function and then to restore the function, you will need a new licence or send for re-flashing.

Where abouts are you? if you are local to me or another member with the kit, then I or I'm sure the local member can flash it for you, and then re-flash as and when there are updates.

Cheers

Arron

Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
396 Posts
just look for my other posts, it was all posted a couple of times somewhere else already :)

in short: yes a modification to the wiring loom is needed, your new sensor has +5v on pin1 whereas the old one didn't need pin1 and has a different cable there (+3 v if I'm not mistaken). you can get the +5 v from the purple cable of the tipover sensor on the tail section.

depending on your other modifications a local dyno can tune your fueling if needed in case you get the full flash kit or lend one, if you send the ECU to Luca he will probably only flash the map you ask for (stock/race).

Also depending on where on this blue marble you are I could ship mine to you or someone else closer to you

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi,

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to the 2 people above Nephalem and Dansoarr for their help in allowing me to flash my ecu with ECU STUDIO software, and of course Luca for making the product.

My bike is a 2012 675 F3, one of the first ones which did not have the quickshifter installed from the factory.

Iam planning to do a review on this product once I have came back from Almeria (Spain) trackdays in mid March, hopefully I can do a little "how to install this product with pics and info" on this forum.

I have done a run on the dyno just to check the operation of the quickshifter and blipper, of which I have a little video and bhp graph, but unfortunately I am working away from home at the moment and do not have my own laptop with me with the video.

Kev.

·
Registered
183 Posts
115 at the wheel. Thats nice.
You also got a dyno graph of your stock 675? I see this video has an aftermarket exhaust.
My bike is standard (apart from a end can, and ECU STUDIO software) It would be good to see a standard exhaust 675 graph just to compare.

As it was just a quick run on the dyno to check operation of the quickshifter and blipper we never hooked up to the coils/ecu to check the torque figures.

Kev.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Is it just me, or is that A/F ratio a bit rich throughout?

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to the 2 people above Nephalem and Dansoarr for their help in allowing me to flash my ecu with ECU STUDIO software, and of course Luca for making the product.

My bike is a 2012 675 F3, one of the first ones which did not have the quickshifter installed from the factory.

Iam planning to do a review on this product once I have came back from Almeria (Spain) trackdays in mid March, hopefully I can do a little "how to install this product with pics and info" on this forum.

I have done a run on the dyno just to check the operation of the quickshifter and blipper, of which I have a little video and bhp graph, but unfortunately I am working away from home at the moment and do not have my own laptop with me with the video.

Kev.
Hi Kev, if you could show how to wire the additional cable from the tip over sensor to the 2.0 QS please.

What type of cable did you use and how did you tap into wire at the tip over sensor? Not an auto electrician so not familiar with the fittings and attachments available.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Kev, if you could show how to wire the additional cable from the tip over sensor to the 2.0 QS please.

What type of cable did you use and how did you tap into wire at the tip over sensor? Not an auto electrician so not familiar with the fittings and attachments available.
You have PM.

·
Registered
895 Posts
-
My bike is standard (apart from a end can, and ECU STUDIO software) It would be good to see a standard exhaust 675 graph just to compare.

As it was just a quick run on the dyno to check operation of the quickshifter and blipper we never hooked up to the coils/ecu to check the torque figures.

Kev.
Here is mine from 2012, standard apart from mwr air filters on the last run. Not really a direct comparison - different dyno, different conditions, but it is what it is.

I tried to rotate the picture, but the system is not very user friendly.:|

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the replies and thanks Kev for the PM. Was very helpful! Please give us an update on your QS since your track day.

Ok so my EAS 2.0 sensor arrived. My original plan was to send my ECU to Luca at ECU studio so he could progamme the blipper functionality on the ECU. He wanted 250 euro to enable the QS.

His concern was sine I was using the MV sensor and not his, he couldn't be sure of the voltage output of the MV QS sensor for up and down as I have a reverse pattern shifter setup. I cant seem to measure the voltage on either the new shifter sensor or my old one? Shows 0V... He worries that if he sets the wrong voltage for the reverse pattern on the ECU, then I would have to resend the ECU again for reprogramming. As I live in South Africa, that will be an expensive and frustrating exercise.

So my second option is to purchase his software and dongle and do it myself. I sent him a mail with a list of questions and he only answered 2 , namely that you over write your original map when plugging in his software, but that he provides all the MV OEM maps released so you reload the one you think you had (can his software identify the map currently loaded?) and that it costs 475 euro. I know nothing else of his product. What is it? Is it just software and a cable? What is the difference with a Texa unit?

He didn't answer any of my questions regarding how difficult it is to load maps, can you get it wrong and fry your ECU and what sort of support in terms of manuals and instructions does he provide? He doesn't answer emails too quick so I'm worried I will be left on a cliff hanger and a non functional bike. Italians also seem to ignore you when the question is slightly challenging or only answer 1 of your questions in your mail and ignore the rest.

Has anyone used the ECU studio kit? Its 475 Euro so a lot of money just to activate the blipper, but safer than sending my ECU to someone I have never met and that doesn't answer any of my mails. I would shit myself if I didn't get a response to the status of my ECU so I would rather purchase his kit than send my ECU. Anyone with experience with Luca and his kit?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If someone doesnt answer your e-mails, shoudnt there be bells ringing?

PS: why even consider them when this happens
Seems like all the Italians are like that. I had issues with my Frentubo brake hoses and got the same treatment. MV Agusta tech support is the same too.

I dont know of any other option on how to programme the blipper functionality? If you have a better suggestion, please share!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I said in a recent post that I would do a review of ECU Studio software.

Due to work commitments and other issues, ive not had time recently, but for what its worth I will try and review as best as I can.

First of all I have one of the first 675 with no quickshifter, but it has the plug for one behind the left hand frame above the front sprocket.

I bought the bi directional quickshifter from Luca which plugs into that plug, but I needed to take a 5v feed wire from my anti tip sensor under the pillion seat to make this sensor work and as far as I believe the newer models do not need this wire as it is already in this plug.

There is a dongle (supplied in the kit) that plugs into your laptop which loads and runs the software that's needed to flash the ecu.
At this stage you can alter any of the settings in Luca's maps to suit your own needs, I.e. you can adjust engine braking, fueling, fuel maps, rpm limiters, quickshifter/blipper cut times, road shift/race shift etc,etc.
Save these settings and these will be flashed onto your ecu.

Plug in the USB interface cable to laptop and bike and follow the on screen instuctions.

In a recent post I have put up a video of the quickshifter/blipper in action on a dyno, which was just to check it was working ok.

I then spent 4 days on track at Almeria in Spain in March.
Initially it was quite hard to get used to not using the clutch to go up and down the gears as for the last 40 years ive been using a clutch, but gradually I became more used to it and what can I say but it was so easy and smooth to use.
Being on track it was full revs all the time.
Going up gears, throttle pinned back and change gear, easy.
Coming down gears, close the throttle change down, easy. The higher the revs that you change down, the better the automatic blip.

On the 3rd day on track, sometimes it would not go from 3rd to 4th gear easily, but at lower revs it was ok.
I switched off the quickshifter altogether to see if i could change into 4th at high revs without using the clutch and momentarily backing off the throttle, sometimes it would go in sometimes not.
Maybe there is something wrong with my gearbox, I will have to take it apart to have a look.
I ended up short shifting for 3rd to 4th for the rest of the track days.

I ended up doing 400 flat out miles round the track with no fueling issues or bent valves, which is using the standard mapping from Luca's software as my bike is all standard except for an end can.

One last point, Iam not very computer minded, so Nephalem and Dansoarr helped me with some computer issues, but if you were born in the 20th century you should be fine.

I have only used this ECU Studio on track, so I cannot comment on how it would be on the road during normal riding conditions.

Kevin.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've ordered my ECU studio kit from Luca. Should arrive in the next week or so. Cant wait!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts