MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the earlier Senna wheels had a polished lip w/ red painted star on the inside? If anyone has a photo, can you post. I did not know if the outter rim was painted or just polished. Thanks

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Rims

I think the outer rim is polished...but then again

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am almost positive that it is painted. Worse, for somebody in the US trying to match it, it is some bizarre Palinal (?) paint that nobody even knows about in North America. If you do a search for paint codes, you should find a listing for a lot of MVs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the photo. It looks as if it was polished then clear coated. I am trying to match the red but cannot find the code. I have the 06 Senna and having the inner star painted / polished lip.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'll see if I can dig up the code for you...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
From the FAQ...

F4 750 Senna:

Fairings: PPG*0038 Metalic Black & PPG*0039 Metallic Grey
Wheels: Pulverlac 1111950506 Red & Sebino 35209052 transparent/clearcoat
Frame: Palinal 255I0005 & Palinal 211XH578

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
NFLPATS said:
Thanks for the photo. It looks as if it was polished then clear coated. I am trying to match the red but cannot find the code. I have the 06 Senna and having the inner star painted / polished lip.
There are painted!
The wheel is completly painted red and than painted the outer rim silver. Some senna have damaged teh silver wheels (tyre swap) and the undergoing red comes up from the silver.
It is not polished alu standard

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
wow. you are putting the star wheels on the new senna? or are you getting the spokes done on the marchesini's? either way, be sure to post up some pics. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not putting the star wheels on the new Senna, just painting the center red on the new rims that come with the bike.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
That is awesome, please post some pics once you get all the codes figured out. that is going to look great! :yo:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yes, do post those pics ASAP. It should look amazing with the new rims!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
FWIW I have seen pictures of senna wheels that were polished. I'm not sure if something was varied in production, or an earlier prototype was polished or it was done by the owner custom. But I think either looks great. I prefer polished but they might be a little more work to keep up.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
NFLPATS said:
I'm not putting the star wheels on the new Senna, just painting the center red on the new rims that come with the bike.
groovy (no groovy smiley) :smoking: :drummer:

but to add to others comments, i've also seen where the star and the circle that it sits in is painted in factory phots, then others where it is not. very confusing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I am going to take the wheels to the powder coating shop and see what they can do. I just think the rims need some red. I will post pics as soon as they are done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts