·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ground off about 4mm on the plug that fits into the shock mount bolt. It was way too long to have been correct.... However. It still fits like crap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine didnt fit on an F4 I placed zip end of zip tie between the hugger and the swing arm and it now clears the tyre which it rubbed on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, ok, lemme see what I can do.

Performing surgery, brb.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, it "fits" now. Thanks for the info. I wonder why they couldn't just make it to fit properly in the first place? Anyway, the mounting leaves a lot to be desired as well. I couldn't tighten any of the bolts without cracking the thing. Oh well, hopefully it will stay on. Looks sweet though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I bought one from them about a year ago...just the same as yours...tried to fit it and had the same problem. Did the grounding on it so it finally fitted. Now...it was about one inch apart from the exhaust, and after the first ride, it totally bended because the heat of the exhaust (IT MELTED LIKE BUTTER)....contact them and told them about the problem and they told me to put some tape on it to put it to the original position. I really never did it...That was my last purchase from them, before that I spended quite a lot.
A few weeks ago I contact them back about this issue and now they are asking me about the order number of something I bought more than a year ago. C'mon!!! Who keeps a order number of something bought so long ago? I'm sorry...I'm not so foresighted.
I really think service in this company used to be the best around, even the emails where signed by a person (Geoff)...now is just another one on the net and the mails are just signed by the "sales department" ...Thank you "sales department" and merry chrismas.

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
I bought the MV Corse carbon hugger for my brutale. Fit was perfect and I have had no problems. Price was a bit more, but not that much. I figured with this key part, and the hassle of rear wheel removal to install, I wanted best quality.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I spent £180 on my hugger from emoto and the fit is crap to be honest. When the spring comes & all the crap is off the roads i'm taking it off.

I like the look of it off better than on. Never mind.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
EMoto: Why didnt you contact us? We could of told you how to install it!
Me: OK, tell me how to install it.

*Crickets chirp*

Exactly. These *magical* instructions should have been included in the shipment. Oh well, money possibly down the drain and lesson learned: Don't buy from E-Moto. Got it Chief. Next.

Edit: I say "possibly" because if the exhaust melts it, it will be going into the trash.

·
Registered
197 Posts
eMoto Hugger Fitting instructions

I too have been stung by the eMoto wasp. My hugger fits like crap. I emailed them and they said that I would have to contact their Support Department for the directions. Why they were never included is beyond me. Well anyway, here they are.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
same here...

I got the emoto hugger - didn't fit right - tried to send it back - hugger got waylayed in uk customs, then charged a $100 import duty (though it said returned goods on the box, I made the "mistake" of insuring the box, which "automatically" brings a duty charge...) - many phone calls (expensive) later the hugger returned back to me. It is still sitting in the box, as I've not had the gumption to hit it with a dremel and try to make it work.

tim

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I have heard people have a lot of problems with rear huggers not fitting correctly. People having to cut and trim etc. The MV Corse Carbon Hugger fits perfect!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had no issues when I put on my emoto hugger, until the well nut that is on the chain side fell out. I had to put a piece of velcro, loop side, under it to keep it from scoring the swingarm. Which it already started to do. The exhaust side is fine, cleared the tire and the exhaust.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tim,

I feel your pain! I got a painted CF hugger and a painted instrument cover from eMoto about 2 weeks before Christmas. I couldn't believe what poor quality the parts were when I opened the box!

The paint job especially on the instrument cover looked like a 7th grader did it in his shop class. It was THAT BAD! The hugger was almost as bad, but being mounted where it is, it isn't as noticeable.

Well I wrote to them and told them of displeasure and that at least the instrument cover was going back. I mailed it back on 12/14/07 as a "gift" with no value and as of today they still have yet to receive it! Imagine that! And now I notice that the hugger doesn't even fit well.

I just really have to wonder HOW they can remain as Sponsors of this board when all they do is treat their customers like crap and sell poor quality items to boot.

They are a nightmare and I just hope it ends soon! The hugger fitment directions are a perfect example; I mean don't they just include them in the box with the hugger?

I have been playing with bikes for almost 30 years and have dealt with companies and individuals all over the world and have never dealt with any one worse!

If I had known that the MV Hugger would have fit, I would have bought that in a heartbeat!

Phil

I got the emoto hugger - didn't fit right - tried to send it back - hugger got waylayed in uk customs, then charged a $100 import duty (though it said returned goods on the box, I made the "mistake" of insuring the box, which "automatically" brings a duty charge...) - many phone calls (expensive) later the hugger returned back to me. It is still sitting in the box, as I've not had the gumption to hit it with a dremel and try to make it work.

tim

·
Registered
197 Posts
nicensleazy,

True, but for some reason MV does not list it as a fitment option for the Brutale. It does fit perfect and I will most likely end up getting one.

Phil

I have heard people have a lot of problems with rear huggers not fitting correctly. People having to cut and trim etc. The MV Corse Carbon Hugger fits perfect!

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
The instructions that come with the MV hugger list both F4 and Brutale....I think it is just an oversight on the MVAgusta USA web site. Anyway...everyone knows the swingarms are the same...so it just makes sense...yes?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
This is why I can't understand why someone in the states can't come up with alternatives for access. to these parts for our bikes. If I had extra cash laying around I would love to invest in such a thing! All the great hot stuff is in the far,far lands!

·
Registered
197 Posts
esq'z me,

Yes it makes sense now, but even the guy at my Dealer's parts department didn't know if it would fit. He physically took one of the cf huggers out to a Brutale and checked it out. I guess I was just hoping that the website would be correct and up to date.

Plus the swingarms are only the same for certain years. I would have had to drill and tap the holes on my 04 750S Brutale, if I had tried to fit it on there. With that said I will definitely be getting a stock hugger, be it plastic or the CF one.

Thanks, Phil

The instructions that come with the MV hugger list both F4 and Brutale....I think it is just an oversight on the MVAgusta USA web site. Anyway...everyone knows the swingarms are the same...so it just makes sense...yes?

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
The MV Corse hugger instructions (in multiple languages) were very complete, easy to understand and included directions for drilling the swingarms on early F4 and Brutales...even had some info on confirming suspension settings.

I saw a stock plastic hugger in the recent for-sale posts. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13808

1 - 20 of 22 Posts