MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Dzus fasteners fit on the F3 fairings? The stock ones are getting corroded and thinking about replacing them with some gold Dzus that kurveygirl sells.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Does anyone know if the Dzus fasteners fit on the F3 fairings? The stock ones are getting corroded and thinking about replacing them with some gold Dzus that kurveygirl sells.
do you have Dzus fasteners now?

if so, just have them replated with gold zinc .....doesn't matter how crusty they are

:naughty:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have Dzus fasteners now?

if so, just have them replated with gold zinc .....doesn't matter how crusty they are

:naughty:
I do not. F3 does not come with dzus. I'm currently trying to find the correct size dzus that will fit the F3 fairings.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm with you Hugo,
A while back I tried to find out about the quick release fasteners.
No-one could tell me what size(s) I needed or how I would attach them to the frame.
I gave up!!!
I noticed the other day the new F4 has them.
Maybe a visit to your dealer and ask them to remove a fairing...might give you a few clues
Keep us posted if you find anything cos I'm still interested
Cheers
Pete

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
There's not too many places on the F3 where Dzus fasteners will work without installing the drill and riveted back plate or springs system.
If you do want to go down that road, then http://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=104_25 will have the option you need.
A couple of things to look at, remember you use plastic and not fibre glass fairings, this means a shorter connecting pin (12mm I think), all the sizes are on the site.
Then decide what you want to use as a base connector, in other words, what do you want to use as the "nut" side. There's three basic ways, the slide on over the bodywork as used on all our F4's, or a riveted on plate, lastly the riveted on spring.
Then pic the "bolt" suitable to your fixture method.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Having just removed the right hand side fairing I fully understand why Zeus fasteners are sought. What a pain and I still have to put it back on. At a guess, there are a few different sizes required.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the gold one from kurveygirl.com that is used on the older F4's to check fitment and it is too big for the hole on the fairings. I will be ordering a smaller one and see how that works. I do recommend the clip that slides over the body work.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm looking at some currently for the F3 as well just to simplify working on it even further. The F3 isn't too hard to work around other than when installing the lower panels for me at least. The aluminum lowers always tend to give me a bit of gruff in the alignment department for the last 2 holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts