MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the pcv and dynotune it I already had arrow pro racing exhaust baseline was 130hp after tune hp is 139.5.with stock filter and she's running fine..next is quick shifter and bmc race filter ...any thoughts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
comes with I think, 144 hp at the crank, so seems pretty good at the wheel, I have no idea where some of these figures are coming from, mine is a 1078 and I pulled 142hp at the wheel. Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
304 Posts
My '13 RR was just on the dyno and posted 144 RHP with the Arrow decat pipe and 159 RHP with a Microtec - which we had to deinstall because it didn't support ABS.

I've been trying to decide between a Rexxer reflash or a PCV - leaning towards the Rexxer - how much of an improvement did the PCV make on your bike?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy

Precisely. Comparing dyno results between different shops is basically an exercise in futility, it provides an indication at best.

When it comes to tuning the safety of the tune, driveability/rideability and HP figures before and after on the same dyno are all that matter. The rest is just dick measuring

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hp comes from a good and managed A/F RATIO , sorry thats probably incorrect, it will smooth out your bike by adjusting the A/F mix ,running at 13.2 to 1 fuel mixture. Now I would say you could get more hp out of the bike by changing this mixture. Chris from X bikes is the guru on this and especially with ignition tables. Any way this is my limited Knowledge on this matter ,all I know is my bike pulls great and is dead smooth and that's what I wanted ,144hp 149 hp 152 hp I don't even notice the difference ,I swap with my mates 1090rr and he pulls about 133 hp rear wheel and I honestly can not feel the difference between his bike and mine.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
For the 1090R I'm more interested in torque increase than hp. Since the hp curve is on the down turn before the limiter it's less about how fast it goes and more about how quickly it gets there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The pc5 has a feature called accel pump, this might give you the kick your looking for. Or maybe just a Gimmick, I have not tried it yet.

The Power Commander V has a feature called Accel Pump. This gives you the ability to add, or remove fuel for a short time when the throttle is moved quickly. The three options need to be configured to accomplish what you want to achieve.
Trigger is the amount of throttle movement. A value of 20 means if the throttle is quickly moved 20 percent or more, the Accel Pump is activated.
Duration is the length of time the Accel Pump would be active. For example a value of 83 would give about one second of fuel at 5000 rpm, and two seconds of fuel at 2500 rpm.
Fuel Adjustment is the percent of fuel to add, or remove. Positive numbers add fuel, negative numbers remove fuel Power Commander Accessory Issues.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
comes with I think, 144 hp at the crank, so seems pretty good at the wheel, I have no idea where some of these figures are coming from, mine is a 1078 and I pulled 142hp at the wheel. Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy
Well I'm from Canada, the place I did it his torque meter wasn't working so I'm going in same time next week to get the torque..He did ask me what others were pulling. .i told him around 140 to 142hp he did say he can get more but didn't Wana kill the bike. This my first time doing this he has worked on ducatis and it was his first mv agusta. .so how much more can I get really, without blowing my motor

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Leave the bike alone at 139 hp rear wheel ,my mates 1090rr got 134 hp, Mate that's pretty good . You will stuff up your motor for what 2 extra hp ,you will not even notice it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leave the bike alone at 139 hp rear wheel ,my mates 1090rr got 134 hp, Mate that's pretty good . You will stuff up your motor for what 2 extra hp ,you will not even notice it.
I think so too..might install the quickshifter. .maybe a filter that's it for now..any maybe Lil carbon :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At the crank,not the back wheel
Ya I know that. .so me pushing 130hp. Not bad for a full exhaust and power commander and stock filter ..going next week for my torque as his machine wasn't reading the torque so I may put bmc race filter in it with a quick shifter

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ya I know that. .so me pushing 130hp. Not bad for a full exhaust and power commander and stock filter ..going next week for my torque as his machine wasn't reading the torque so I may put bmc race filter in it with a quick shifter
I'm not so sure about this dyno guy. All a dyno does measure is torque, the HP is just figured through math from the torque figure.
Also, If your bike is running rich........gives me another reason for doubt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm not so sure about this dyno guy. All a dyno does measure is torque, the HP is just figured through math from the torque figure.
Also, If your bike is running rich........gives me another reason for doubt.
Now it's stalling alot more at idle not sure why... stock air filter? I'm a newbie on this..from others I hear mapping these things is a nightmare

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Please do yourself a favor.
Have someone that knows what they are doing, has MV experience, set up your bike. And then leave it alone.
Forget about numbers and ride it hard, safe and well.
Good luck
Peter

·
Registered
304 Posts
Please do yourself a favor.
Have someone that knows what they are doing, has MV experience, set up your bike. And then leave it alone.
Forget about numbers and ride it hard, safe and well.
Good luck
Peter
Easier said than done. The good news is that a 'sorted' Brutale makes for an incredible riding experience - the bad news is that as a very low volume production bike it takes some energy and patience. In my case I could have left well enough alone and kept the cat in place - but I took it off for all the obvious reasons thinking the Microtec was the right solution but it's not for a '13 with ABS. I will say that the 200 miles I put on the bike with the Microtec installed was exhilarating - too bad the odo and speedo were inoperable. So I'm back to square one - next up is a Rexxer ECU reflash. We'll see how that goes...a PCV could be another option but there are unknowns there as well.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
what idle speed is your bike at,check with powercommander software.should be at about 1200 rpm.

next your Co at idle should be about 13.2 to 1 to 13.6 to 1 or 3.5 to 4.0 Co, adjust air bleed screws to raise idle ,use vdst software to reset tps and adjust fuel trim,you can get the correct figure for A/F At idle with the correct equipment ,and make sure you syn the throttle bodies.

in order 1=reset tps position using vdst software
2=turn air bleed screws out all 4 ,start with number 2 cyclinder about 1.5 turns ,check idle you might have to go out a bit more .
3= sync throttle bodies using carbtune or similiar
4=check A/f mix at idle should be sitting at around 13.2 to 13.6,listen to the motor what suits better and stability at idle.
5= use vdst software to achieve adjustment in fuel trim which changes your idle A/f mixture and also has an effect on rpm.you can also input figures in the idle rpm of the pc5 to increase and decrease the idle rpm.
6= its a bit of a merry-go-round.
hope you did all this before Dyno tune.

cheers eddy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts