MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did my PC5 and quickshifter installation on my F4RR yesterday. ZARD titatinum full system exhaust note is simply awesome too.. thought of sharing.. :)

the youtube link..
___
http://youtu.be/LuVGX3fI2iQ?hd=1

and below are my brutale 1090rr, f4RR and duc multistrada ST at home..
__

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some of my riding mates here in Malaysia... and yup, the middle in the black f4 is a female friend of mine.. :)
___

the owner of the BMW GSA right at the end of the bottom pic owns a 2012 F4R too..
___

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
QS Questions

Hi cHeMiCal_, (that's a Lot of work),
On the Dyno-Jet QS, looks like you have linkage rearsets from what I can tell on my I-Phone Screen,
Can you give us a pic of the sensor rod installed, I just want to have a look at your set-up to see what comes on the Box.
Do you use a "Push" or "Pull" Sensor?
And are you happy with the performance and Adjustsbilty?
I'm planning on "No-Linkage" QS, with a GP Shift Pattern, I'll need a "Pull" connected straight to the Shift Rod.
I Alreay have the PC-V, so Dyno-Jet QS is my easiest to connect, ( and cheapest ), But, I've Had A lot of QS's over the Years and know that the Sensor has to up to the task, resisting heat, Vibration, Etc. to be Reliable.
I'm looking into using a Techtronics Brand Sensor, wired into the Dyno-Jet Box.(if that's even possible )
But maybe not, if you give the DJ System a "Thumbs-UP"
Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mr Master..
I just had a Dynojet Quickshifter installed on my brutale 910s, connected to PC3 at trooper lus garage in Sydney and they reckon it's one of the best quickshifters they have tried.. Better than the one that comes standard on the new F3 Serie Oro!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi afeylad,
Can you give us YOUR opinion of it's performance?
I'd rather hear from the guys that are living with it,
Like 1000miles from now, does it still function smoothly, and did it stay in adjustment?
"Strain-Gauge" technowlegy is, I'm sure the way to go on the all-Important sensor, but nobody's got that type of lever for my bike (yet?)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hi afeylad,
Can you give us YOUR opinion of it's performance?
I'd rather hear from the guys that are living with it,
Like 1000miles from now, does it still function smoothly, and did it stay in adjustment?
"Strain-Gauge" technowlegy is, I'm sure the way to go on the all-Important sensor, but nobody's got that type of lever for my bike (yet?)

If you are running rearsets with the gears on a linkage rod then Cordona are the people to look for. well priced and they do them as a fitment to the PCV. Just installed one on an ER6 with a PCV fitted. Works a treat.

Their strain gauge set up is the basis for my shifter that i'm working on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thanks Chris.
No I didn't want a linkage, due to the extra moving parts, sometimes the linkage "binds" or gets destroyed in a low-side, so I went with EvolutionBike ergal rearsets, and a reversed Shift Drum, very first thing I did to my bike, but now I can see it's making it more difficult to fit a linear sensor.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Thanks Chris.
No I didn't want a linkage, due to the extra moving parts, sometimes the linkage "binds" or gets destroyed in a low-side, so I went with EvolutionBike ergal rearsets, and a reversed Shift Drum, very first thing I did to my bike, but now I can see it's making it more difficult to fit a linear sensor.
Ah right ok well you can make a linkage set up to come off the std lever or i'll put you on the list for my std leer replacements ones that will have the strain gauge unit in it.

Production for that is booked already so just a case of waiting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi cHeMiCal_, (that's a Lot of work),
On the Dyno-Jet QS, looks like you have linkage rearsets from what I can tell on my I-Phone Screen,
Can you give us a pic of the sensor rod installed, I just want to have a look at your set-up to see what comes on the Box.
Do you use a "Push" or "Pull" Sensor?
And are you happy with the performance and Adjustsbilty?
I'm planning on "No-Linkage" QS, with a GP Shift Pattern, I'll need a "Pull" connected straight to the Shift Rod.
I Alreay have the PC-V, so Dyno-Jet QS is my easiest to connect, ( and cheapest ), But, I've Had A lot of QS's over the Years and know that the Sensor has to up to the task, resisting heat, Vibration, Etc. to be Reliable.
I'm looking into using a Techtronics Brand Sensor, wired into the Dyno-Jet Box.(if that's even possible )
But maybe not, if you give the DJ System a "Thumbs-UP"
Thanks.
Hey mate!

yes, i'm using Rizoma rearsets with pull-type dynojet's quickshifer. Had to buy the adapor rods seperately as it didnt come together with the rearset's package.

It's still possible to mount the shifter without buying a rearsets, but you need to do a customized mounting on the original parts. But, if you do that, you'll need the push-type shifter instead.

as for reliability, it's still few days old so i hvnt seen any problem yet. but, through my previous experience in my other bikes, dynojet shifter has never given me any problem.

hope it helps.

cheers!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes!

Ah right ok well you can make a linkage set up to come off the std lever or i'll put you on the list for my std leer replacements ones that will have the strain gauge unit in it.

Production for that is booked already so just a case of waiting.

Right On Chris!
I'll wait for your lever, still just plug into the PC-V box correct?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Right On Chris!
I'll wait for your lever, still just plug into the PC-V box correct?
Yeah the shifter etc will be either plug and play for those with Microtec or a fairly easy fit for a PCV. I may even be able to make it 80% plug an play for a PCV with just one connection needing to be made on installation.

Been trying to get this done for months but out local CNC shop has been booked solid for the last 3 months :( they've never been so busy apparently. Not bad for a recession.

Anyway you are now officially on the list ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
So, have managed to do about 300 Kms with the Dynojet Quickshifter and can say its damn fine! The guys at Trooper Lus said that no kill time or rpm limits needed to be set, and it shifts quickly and smoothly at any rpm. Just so you know, it doesn't pop like the S1000rr Quickshifter because the Dynojet one cannot be used with the throttle pegged like the Beemer.. One must roll off the the throttle to use it, but this can be done in a split second with no clutch.. All in all very happy with it, especially perfect for clutch-less shifting in the flip- flop type of corners!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi guys,

sorry for the late response. here's some updates.

done 500km and this is what i can quickly share..

1. i've programmed the QS to be activated at 4k rpm the least. Anything lower is pointless as the shifting process will be pretty rough.
2. no need to roll-off the throttle during quick shifting.. just blast it off..
3. need to set the Ohlin steering damper to stiffer mode as the immediate torque transfer is just awesome, but could be dangerously overwhelming if you're caught unprepared.

the only drawback i could really think off
1. due to rizoma rear set, my gear shifting travel is now slightly longer. I prefer the original shifter feeling - concise and precise.

hope my experience shed some light.

rgds.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
hi guys,

sorry for the late response. here's some updates.

done 500km and this is what i can quickly share..

1. i've programmed the QS to be activated at 4k rpm the least. Anything lower is pointless as the shifting process will be pretty rough.
2. no need to roll-off the throttle during quick shifting.. just blast it off..

Is that not what Quickshifter means :stickpoke

3. need to set the Ohlin steering damper to stiffer mode as the immediate torque transfer is just awesome, but could be dangerously overwhelming if you're caught unprepared.

the only drawback i could really think off
1. due to rizoma rear set, my gear shifting travel is now slightly longer. I prefer the original shifter feeling - concise and precise.

I found the same problem with the Rizoma, that's why I went to the PP Tuning rearsets

hope my experience shed some light.

rgds.
Sound good mate.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well, Yeah, if I am having to "roll-off" using a quick-shifter, um, somethings wrong.
Regarding the throw on the linkage, that's another reason I'm setting mine-up without a linkage,
But it sounds like that only a problem with the Rizoma's.
I hope X-Bikes's gets his Strain-Gauge lever done soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, Yeah, if I am having to "roll-off" using a quick-shifter, um, somethings wrong.
Regarding the throw on the linkage, that's another reason I'm setting mine-up without a linkage,
But it sounds like that only a problem with the Rizoma's.
I hope X-Bikes's gets his Strain-Gauge lever done soon.
oh.. it's my response to afeylad's experience needing to roll-off the throttle on his brutale.. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts