MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am back to a stock ECU after Rob's attempt at a re-flash. This time around I'm going to do some more research and looking around before I make my next decision on how or who tunes my Senna before I grab the Franklins out of my wallet and wave them around.

Rob says that a full Dyno tune would run me $800. That's also after I have already spent $250 for the flash and the $$ for back and forth shipping a few times.

I have also been talking to Dave at Rexxer and he offers a dyno tune on the bike as well, would cost me no more than $600. He is also a bit closer to me (VA vs. MA to go see Rob)

I'm in FL so trying to stay as close as I can and get the most bang for my traveling buck as it seems as I will have to travel somewhere to get a Dyno tune.

Does anyone have any other recommendations or someone I should talk to and compare with? I'm looking for a strictly on the dyno tune. Not going to mess with a flash or out of the box mapped ECU.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.:yo:

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Curtis, did the reflash back to stock cure the high idle issue?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curtis, did the reflash back to stock cure the high idle issue?
Yes it did. Unfortunately the lower turn on temp for the fans went with it as well. Not that they had anything to do with one another, just stating that I didn't get to retain that either.

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Bummer...sorry about the lack of Dyno Time for you.
It's amazing the small differences in engine internals can make.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer...sorry about the lack of Dyno Time for you.
It's amazing the small differences in engine internals can make.
No worries. You live and you learn, and Lord knows I have got a lot to learn. Your help was over the top regardless. So thank you.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
I live in NC and have 2 great dyno shops I have been to here. I have a 2012 F4R 1000 with 190rwh. Look up max speed performance and adams performance. Adams builds and maintains the engine for Ricky Gadson motorsports.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in NC and have 2 great dyno shops I have been to here. I have a 2012 F4R 1000 with 190rwh. Look up max speed performance and adams performance. Adams builds and maintains the engine for Ricky Gadson motorsports.
I will definitely look them up. Thanks!! And did they tune your stock ECU, or are you using a Power Commander or Microtec?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Blackout! I've been looking for a nearby dyno shop as well. In your experience, is one any better than the other?

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
I have a Bazzaz fi qos fuel management system. With the Bazzaz you can have 2 customary built so that's why I had 2 done. I liked them both as I have known Jim at max speeds since 2007. However, I love adams performance as I know he got every once of power out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts