MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post my dyno sheet up after the bike had a HP Corse Hydroform system, MWR filter, and PCV fitted.
The bike had 5 miles on the clock and one of the two db reducers still inside.. you can also see it wasn't mapped to the limit.. will put on 1000 miles and get it mapped again.

:friday:

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
interested to see what numbers you get after a run in. I've got the same system on my RR with an MV corse ECU

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thought I'd post my dyno sheet up after the bike had a HP Corse Hydroform system, MWR filter, and PCV fitted.
The bike had 5 miles on the clock and one of the two db reducers still inside.. you can also see it wasn't mapped to the limit.. will put on 1000 miles and get it mapped again.

:friday:
I guess that whole engine break in procedure in the manual is more of a guideline than a rule.:f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hahaha

I guess that whole engine break in procedure in the manual is more of a guideline than a rule.:f4:
I was wondering when someones going to comment on that.
For what it's worth, I don't believe in the manual run in method at all, ever since I saw how they run the bikes on the Dyno's in the factory.
This is a pretty interesting read too - http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm -

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

:stickpoke:yo::laughing::laughing:

Very interesting article too - will be very interested to hear other, more experienced and knowledgeable people's thoughts on this 'easy/hard break in'.

Should this be started as a NEW THREAD, rather than hijack this thread ???

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hehehe

:stickpoke:yo::laughing::laughing:

Very interesting article too - will be very interested to hear other, more experienced and knowledgeable people's thoughts on this 'easy/hard break in'.

Should this be started as a NEW THREAD, rather than hijack this thread ???

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Sorry man.
If you bend over i'll move the thread somewhere else - :jsm:

·
Super Moderator
22,639 Posts
Vino...do you have a dyno run from the bike without mods?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vino...do you have a dyno run from the bike without mods?
Unfortunately we didn't have time to get it dyno'd before the mods.. i'd liked to have seen that too.

The bike is bogging down and stalling daily.. the dealer said he will tweak it next week but in the meantime I'm going to change fuel from Shell 99RON to Exxon/Esso 95RON (RON recommended by MV) to see if it helps.

Exxon/Esso clearly state on their website that their super unleaded has more detergent in it for a deeper clean...

"Energy Unleaded (95 octane): our regular petrol grade designed to help improve your fuel economy
Energy Supreme (97 octane): our premium grade, higher octane petrol with double the detergent treat rate* for motorists looking for a deeper engine clean"

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is that power on the rear wheel or on the crankshaft?

I will break in the engine for 1000 km and then mount the MV Corse header system with race ECU.

There is a well known engine tuner in the near who also does race engines, also for international race series.

To tune the Panigale he bought the big REXXER system. That also fits the Brutale and he can access the ignition curve. That seems to be the biggest prob on the Brutale concerning throttle response etc.

Did you guys see this post of me?
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50500

Will ask the tuner about it.

Jochen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that power on the rear wheel or on the crankshaft?

I will break in the engine for 1000 km and then mount the MV Corse header system with race ECU.

There is a well known engine tuner in the near who also does race engines, also for international race series.

To tune the Panigale he bought the big REXXER system. That also fits the Brutale and he can access the ignition curve. That seems to be the biggest prob on the Brutale concerning throttle response etc.

Did you guys see this post of me?
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50500

Will ask the tuner about it.

Jochen

the power figure is at the rear wheel and hopefully my dealer will sort out the tuning issues next week

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what will it show after 10000rpm? also smoothing is quite high, that's why the line is too straight, DIN gives the highest numbers !
this was a quick dyno tune to adjust for exhaust system and so i could leave home with the bike that afternoon. after 1000 miles i will return for much more dyno time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts